Osteoporosis treatments after DS

catwoman7
on 6/26/23 2:00 am
RNY on 06/03/15

small is OK. Any amount of weight will help. I had one of the trainers in my gym (a year or two ago) show me a sample weights routine and he was having me do things like squats while holding a fair amount of weight on my shoulders. Another trainer, a couple of weeks later who was familiar with osteoporosis, told me no - that was way too much weight for my spine. She had me cut way back and said it'd still be of benefit. So a long way of saying, it doesn't have to be anything heavy - your bones will still get some pressure even with lighter weights (although again, I haven't done them in awhile (as in..months). I always have a hard time getting back into them if I'm away for even a couple of weeks (probably because I don't like them!!))

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Comet89
on 6/26/23 5:02 am

Just searching online I see several states with special bone clinics/ Osteo only Dr's. So far in my area tx., I've only found Dr.s who treat several endo conditions. There are two I noticed listed this condition as an area of interest. One worked in the VA specifically studying osteoporosis. I'm going to start with those two and go from there. One Dr does have a bone care team under Gareatic care. I might call also ask if they can assist. I'm not sure age is a requirement. I'm guessing a busy morning of phone calls!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 627 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 985 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 335 views