At Home and Recovering

Stacy T.
on 11/25/08 3:13 am
Hey everyone!

I thought I would take a sec to write to you all while my Percacet is keeping the pain away!

I am pretty sore from the operation but I think it is more from the huge hiatal hernia they fixed. Still running a low temp which my husband has been keeping an eye on. Hospital said low temp is normal but to call doc if it got to 101F or higher. So far holding around 99.3F.

I could not beleive it when they told me about the hernia. Large enough to fit a tennis ball through!! That is insane!!! I am only 28!!  My doc said I must have been born with it since he has never seen one that size in someone younger than 70.

Incisions don't hurt except for the port incision. That is painful, especially when I tighten my abs. My legs and arms are sore from me trying hard as hell to not use my abs.

Been using my spirometer and drinking protein like crazy. Mmmm protein and jello never tasted so damn good. I tried to have broth but the saltiness turned me off. I will stick to my vanilla protein with skim milk and my sugar free jello and sugar free popsicles.

Thank you all for your support and prayers. I will keep you updated as I recover :) :)
FlabToFab
on 11/25/08 3:43 am - Chino Hills, CA
I'm glad to see that you are doing well! 
Mandy- 6.5cc (10cc band) 
87 Pounds To Go!  304/257/170
NewHere37
on 11/25/08 4:33 am - CO
Yay Stacy! This is the beginning! You are going to do great!
Deb
2bhealthy2havebaby
on 11/25/08 4:56 am - VA
Wow, you seem to be doing great. Keep us posted on all your progress. Hope you recover quickly.

Highest Weight-248 Surgery Weight-238 Current Weight-176

Jean M.
on 11/25/08 4:59 am
Revision on 08/16/12
Stacy,

Sounds like you're doing fine - I'm so glad!

A surgeon told me years ago (when I had an inguinal hernia at age 28 - something you usually see in middle-aged men) that some people are just born with hernias or a tendency towards them.  Your hernia repair may make your recovery a little more challenging, but it's good that it was fixed now - who knows what problems it might have caused you eventually?

Take care of yourself -

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

ordiefam
on 11/25/08 6:00 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Glad to hear that you are doing well.  Take care and get lots of rest.

Sherry S.
on 11/25/08 7:29 am - Warner, NH
 Good job hon!  Yikes on the hernia!  Well..you are now on the other side.  You did it!  Get your rest, and keep on sipping!  
              Mini Goal : 10 lbs by 4/16/10
Start/294 Surgery/263.6  Current/248  Goal/155

Start/291   Day of Surgery/262.6  Current/246.6  Personal Goal/155  Lost so far:  41.8

maruby
on 11/25/08 7:38 am - IA
Welcome to the band, hope your recovery is speedy!

halfcup
on 11/25/08 10:46 am
Glad to hear that you are doing OK.  Hopefully the temp will resolve itself.   Getting up and down might be sore but it passes quickly.  Try and keep getting up every now and then and walk around the house or out in the yard.  It will help you feel better quicker.  Congratulations and welcome to the band journey! 

Barb  
Most Active