MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

MeMo
on 6/4/08 8:22 am - NE
Dr Corrigan McBride and the other (2?) Bariatric surgeons at The Nebraska Medical Center, formerly UNMC, are all Medicare and Nebraska Medicaid Certified.  They are probably certified for many other state's Medicaid programs too.  Check with the UNMC Physicians office (402-559-4000) to check their credentialing status in other states.  I know the hospital is JACHO certified and I am pretty sure they are a Center of Excellence too. 
sholman
on 8/5/08 3:39 am
Saint Elizabeth Regional Medical Center in Lincoln Ne just received Center of Excellence in Bariatric Surgery. We now accept Medicare reciepients. We have always accepted Medicaid. We are also a Blue Cross Blue Shield Center of Distinction. Please understand that there are many patients that have been waiting for this status that have Medicare benefits. We expect to be very busy starting the screening process and pre operative consultation. For more information you may contact Shelly Holman at 219-7638.
(deactivated member)
on 3/13/09 1:07 am - York, NE
(deactivated member)
on 3/13/09 1:09 am - York, NE
Dr. Gary Anthone has received his Medicare Center of Excellence approval, so he does receive both Medicare and Medicaid.  His office is located at 10060 Regency Circle, Omaha and his phone number is 402-354-1320.  He operates out of Methodist Hospital.  I have a surgery scheduled and so far have found him and his staff to be excellent!
Bernice40
on 5/23/09 9:13 am - Gonzales, TX
Please help me someone is thre any bariatric dr.s in the state of Texas that accepts medicaid?? I ned help!!!! Please someone help me i already weigh in the 500lbs. and i;m 40 yrs.old i stand at 5"3 with 3 children and my whole life ahead of me. I'm so depressed with having to carry all this weight!! Please somebody out there??  Thanks very much and god bless you!!!  Bernice Ramos
Sheryl E.
on 5/27/09 4:29 am

Hello~
Dr. Gary Anthone takes both Medicare and Medicaid.
402-354-1320
Methodist Bariatric

84th and Dodge

Omaha, NE

livis1965
on 3/29/12 4:18 am - NE
RNY on 06/22/12
 Dr. Anthone AND Dr. Winterstein in Omaha at the Methodist Bariatric Center except both Medicaid and Medicare, and are members of excellence.  My friend who uses both Medicaid and Medicare just had surgery, and I am awaiting my surgery date now.  They have been nothing short of wonderful!
JBreeden
on 7/12/12 4:39 pm, edited 7/12/12 4:40 pm - Kearney, NE
I would love to find a doctor that does the "sleeve" surgery and accepts medicaid as I would like to explore some of those options and see if I would qualify. Im from Kearney Nebraska! Any and all help would be appreciated from anyone who has recently gone through using Medicaid on a procedure like this!!! thanks in advance!!!

Also will Nebraska Medicaid even pay for this? If so how do I find out the reqirements on this??? Please help!!!
jemmatennel
on 1/29/13 5:50 am - NE

Hi!!!!

As of right now, neither branch medicare or medicaid are allowing (paying for) the sleeve gastrectomy.  Yes, it is true medicare said that they will allow is BUT each CAT gets to decide if they want to or not.  Right now, the CAT that NE is in has decided no, but it is up for review in February. 

:)

jemmatennel
on 1/29/13 1:09 am, edited 1/29/13 1:10 am - NE

Doctors Corrigan McBride and Vishal Kothari with the University of Nebraska Medical Center both accept Medicare and Medicaid Patients.  

Their phone number is 402-559-9500

The are with the University Nebraska Medical Center and The Nebraska Medical Center.  Their office is located on 5th floor of the Durham Outpatient Center.

The address for them in their offices and for their staff is:

983280 Nebraska Medical Center

Omaha, NE 68198.

*They are also a center of excellence, and a Blue Distinction Center.

They are amazing Doctors and have an incredible staff!  Their information session is very informative and they have plenty of time to answer any of the questions you may have.

I had surgery with Dr. Kothari (Sleeve Gastrectomy 2010) and I am down 150 at a nice weight of 130lbs.  And I kept it off.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Newbie Question
elowe · 0 replies · 4724 views
Insurance
Tashac · 1 replies · 5888 views
Party Time!
monymony · 0 replies · 6223 views
NE health care exchanges
dhomaha · 0 replies · 6293 views