Breast reduction?

supergirl3
on 9/3/09 3:25 am - Canada
After reading this thread, I don't think I would qualify.  Let me know what happens Jeanetta!

SUPERGIRL
Start weight - 287
Lowest - 123
Current - 130's
Height 5'7"

jetta77
on 9/3/09 3:35 am - Canada
RNY on 01/06/09 with
I will.  I go for my physical next week and I'm going to discuss it further with my doctor and get her perspective.  It would help if there was a standard bra size.  I currently own 3 bras that are all different sizes.  I've had one friend tell me that she was a D cup and my thought was if she was a D cup, than I must be a V cup size.  I've noticed that places like La Senza make bras typically smaller than other stores.  I can't fit into any of their bras. 

I'll let you know when I speak with my doctor next week and see what she has to say.  I'd rather know before I go to a plastics doctor is she thinks I will qualify.

Jeanetta

jeanetta2.gif picture by lynnca1972
annie31
on 9/3/09 4:14 am - Canada

If you're getting upper back pain from the weight of your chest you'd qualify.

:)

HW:519 W@C:476 SW: 448 CW:373  103lbs Lost so far.

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"

Kara R.
on 9/3/09 4:54 am - Sarnia, Canada
I'm waiting to see how the girls are when I get close to my goal weight.  I had a BR in 2006, and WITH the reduction, I am wearing a DDD/F.  I was measuring as an "N" cup prior to surgery (yes, they do come that big ... and you have to special order the bras to fit!)

I would love for the girls to shrink with the WLS ... I still have back and shoulder pain, not to the extent it was pre-BR, but enough that I definitely notice it.

I'm just wondering what will happen if I apply for coverage to OHIP, as it would technically be a revision, but I did a self-pay for the first one, since the wait time from OHIP approval to surgery was 5 years!!!

I am not here.  I am lost.  I have gone to find myself.  If I should get back before I return, please ask me to wait!   

midlife_adventure
on 9/3/09 8:15 am - Canada
RNY on 02/17/09 with
I am going to go for a breast reduction... 40 more pounds and I'm there!  I have the shoulder grooves from hell and just want them gone!  I have a few friends who have had reductions and they are all happy they did it... no regrets!  From what they told me, grooves and back pain are enough to qualify!
Daphne G.
on 9/3/09 8:56 am - Canada
I had a reduction in 1999 and it was life changing for me.......i went from a EE to a D cup. I had the dents in the shoulders and  the upper back pain......i just mentioned it to my doctor one time and she made an appointment to see a plastic surgeon.........i went on a waiting list and a couple months later, i got a call, someone had cancelled their surgery and i was asked if i wanted to take that spot.......so i went for it...........This was in Manitoba.......but i don't think there's much difference. It's covered if your doctor and plastic surgeon say you need it.........Best of luck to you.
PS........it was great to the girls up where they belonged.....lol

Daphne G.

HW=263......SW=260.....CW=131......GW=130                             
andreadoe
on 9/4/09 6:25 am - Newmarket, ON, Canada
My girls are scheduled to be put in place via a BR on 11/23. I'm looking forward to it. I have to say it was fairly easy getting the approval. Both PS surgeons during my consults took one look & said that I automatically qualified for the surgery. There was no measuring. I suggest you book a consult & see what the surgeon has to say. They know what qualifies or not. The PS is looking after the OHIP approval. My PCP let me know she'd been contacted for confirmation of back issues. No problem. I also had documented rashes with pics etc. Not needed. Also, because I'm not having implants & because of the type of incision I'm getting, I won't have the incision along the base of the breasts. I will only have an incision around the nipples (they'll be reduced in size) and an incision from the bottom of my nipple to the bottom of the breast. There's a name for this type of surgery, but it escapes me right now.

My sister wants to know if she can be the recipient of my discarded tissue.  OK - if she wants the saggy, wobbly bits, she's welcome to them! I think she's tired of people looking at her eyes!

OH Certified Support Group Leader for the York Region/GTA Support Group.
ohcardsmandrea.jpg picture by lynnca1972

Jillian W.
on 9/4/09 6:56 am - Garson, Canada

OK - if she wants the saggy, wobbly bits, she's welcome to them! I think she's tired of people looking at her eyes!

LOL Andrea, I was just thinking the same thing; that I've had a lifetime of people looking me straight in the eye! 

Sigh...when I grow up I SO wanna be a sex object!!

Jillian

Most Active
Recent Topics