I'm switched and home!

Linda G.
on 3/11/12 8:56 am - Canada
Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery.  I've been watching for your post.  Thanks for the detail....I may be having the sleeve as well.  Stay well.
Linda G

referral-July 28, 2011, orientation-September 8, nurse pract-September 13, social worker-September 22, nutrition class-November 1, surgeon appt-November 4,  psych-Jan 11, Catscan-Jan 12, NUT-Jan 20, Endoscopy-Jan 28, Surgeon meeting- Feb 10, Surgery-March 23  Dr. Grantcharov    
Hanneli xoxo
on 3/11/12 9:09 am - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

pssst.. she got a duodenal switch (not a VSG)

Glad all went well.. someone is going to have to point me in the direction of the benefots and reasons why someone would get a DS over the RNY... I also hear it is the platinum standard.. 

Linda G.
on 3/11/12 10:47 am - Canada
oops...thanks for the correction.  So sorry, Pat.  But still pleased you are doing well!
Linda G

referral-July 28, 2011, orientation-September 8, nurse pract-September 13, social worker-September 22, nutrition class-November 1, surgeon appt-November 4,  psych-Jan 11, Catscan-Jan 12, NUT-Jan 20, Endoscopy-Jan 28, Surgeon meeting- Feb 10, Surgery-March 23  Dr. Grantcharov    
PatXYZ
on 3/11/12 10:56 am
Once I'm recovered a bit more, I'd be happy to share my research. In the meantime, I recommend the website dsfacts.com highly.
happypants
on 3/11/12 8:51 am - Ottawa, Canada
Welcome to the Bench !!  Sending positive healing vibes your way  

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

Janet13
on 3/11/12 9:02 am - Toronto, Canada
Glad you are home and welcome to the bench.
"I used to be SnowWhite and then I drifted"
"words come easy behind the screen, when there is no interface-to-face to be seen"

Toni B.
on 3/11/12 9:04 am - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12
 Trish, so happy that you are home and in recovery. Welcome to the bench my friend! You've gone through so much just to get to this point, it is so wonderful to be able to congratulate you on making it through surgery and onto your new journey to the new you.

Really, Congratulations! So happy for you!

Toni..."Bravery is not the absence of fear, but the will to overcome it"
 www.fatgirlchangingherworld.com Twitter:@fatgirlchanging
   Surgery JAN. 19th, 2012 Down 120 lbs & 75 inches @ my last Weigh in!!!!  
Fat Girl Changing her World

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Vi-Vi
on 3/11/12 9:33 am
VSG on 12/13/12
 Congratulations!   Here's to a speedy recovery!
Aca-Verity
on 3/11/12 9:37 am - Canada
VSG on 06/06/12
Very good to hear that your surgery was a success and that you're home now.  Best wishes for a speedy, uncomplicated recovery.
Verity
sam1am
on 3/11/12 9:45 am
Congratulations and welcome to the bench! 

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Most Active
Recent Topics