Laparoscopy Update - Surprise

Dianadcr
on 3/21/12 4:47 am - Canada
Retail therapht is the best form of recovery. Glad you're doing fine. The best as you continue to recover.
  Diana

Brenda T.
on 3/21/12 4:48 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Thanks for the update!! Glad things are better now.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

CanDoItFour
on 3/21/12 5:46 am - Canada
Hi Allyson,

I'm so glad to hear that they figured out what was casuing you all the trouble.  I f you don"t mind me asking, how did they figure this out?  Does it show up on ultrasounds or MRI's or Cat scans?  Did a scope examination reveal this as the culprit?  I'm having a little trouble too (although no weight regain) and was wondering what questions I should consider asking when I next see my surgeon.

Thanks, and best wishes for a speedy "back onto your feet"!
Claire
Allyson A.
on 3/21/12 6:28 am - Seeleys Bay, Canada
Hi Claire,

I didn't have any weight regain, but I did suffer alot from excessive gas (belching continuously) and excessive vomiting that lasted for hours.  They had done a CT scan that showed my small hernia.  They were originally doing the exploratory laprascope to try and figure out what was going on.  That was when they discovered the candycane syndrome.  They had done and endoscope amongst other testing and revealed nothing.  The laprascope was just the next step in the progression.  I am hoping that this is the last for me and that it will finally fix all of the issues I have been having.  Still belching up a storm but was told to expect that for at least 4 more days until I get rid of the gas they put into my abdomin for the surgery.

Hope this helps.

Allyson

HW 318  SW 291 

CanDoItFour
on 3/22/12 10:40 am - Canada
Thanks so much Allyson!  I've added all this to my "abdominal pain" file - so you're up in lights now (LOL). 

Take care, and all the very best to you over the next few days / weeks.  I hope this really does the trick.

Claire
JJ_
on 3/21/12 6:22 am
Glad to hear that you are on the mend!!  Retail therapy is sooooo helpful   LOL

Judy
LuAnne H.
on 3/21/12 7:22 am - London, Canada
I hope that everything is now resolved for you!  And I agree retail therapy is wonderful!!!

LuAnne

Referal Apr.17, 10   Orientation Feb.24, 11  !st  App (SW,NUT.RN) May 17, 11
2nd App (SM,NUT,RN) Jul. 7,11, Post-op Nut class Jan 13,12,  surgeon Feb27,12
surgery April 5,2012
happypants
on 3/21/12 9:10 am - Ottawa, Canada
Hi Allyson
I am so happy that things may finally be looking up for you, what an ordeal huh. I do have to say that through out it all you have remained incredibly positive...I wish you all the best and truly hope that the worst is over for you.

Take care
Ann

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

Megan M.
on 3/21/12 9:21 am - Canada
So glad you had everything fixed up, and hopefully you'll have no more problems.  Take care of yourself.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

gods_girl67
on 3/21/12 12:13 pm - Wasaga Beach, Canada
RNY on 03/27/12
I hope there are no more problems and a smooth ride from here on in!

referral: aug 2011; general orientation: Sept 26, 2011; surgeon appt: Oct 5, 2011;
GB Class: Oct 18, 2011; SW & RN: Oct 20, 2011; Dietitian: Nov 14, 2011;
Dietitian: Jan 9, 2012; Surgeon appt: Feb 2, 2012; Optifast start: Mar 6, 2012
Surgery Date: Mar 27, 2012
Most Active
Recent Topics