Last minute question Re: wearing rings during surgery?

Monica M.
on 5/9/12 11:13 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
my daughter had to take out all of her facial piercings when she went into George Brown pastry cheffing.... she was devastated, but has, since finishing school, had most of them repierced. Weird child, but awfully cute.

Karen M.
on 5/9/12 11:17 pm, edited 5/9/12 11:23 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Both of your daughters are gorgeous.

I suspect that the college's risk-management department made that rule. They're good like that. lol

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Tracey H.
on 5/9/12 12:25 pm - Tecumseh, Canada
RNY on 05/30/12
 Hi Deb,

I was told that we have to remove all jewellery and nail/toe polish. Try really hard to get the ring off - use dish soap or cooking oil. That may help slide it off.

Good luck on your surgery if I don't talk to you before hand. I will be thinking about you!

I will be seeing you on the bench soon as well!

Tracey

Elisabeth G.
on 5/9/12 12:35 pm - Windsor, Canada
 My last surgery the only jewellery they let me keep was my medical alert bracelet but they covered that with tape they said all rings and body jewellery must come out 
best of luck on friday Deb if I don't talk to you before then

Patti K.
on 5/9/12 1:02 pm - Kingston On, Canada
Deb, like everyone else has said, they have to come off.  Try windex...I know crazy...but that came from a jewelry store...good luck....Patti K.

northernlight
on 5/9/12 1:19 pm - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Thanks for all the great suggestions everyone - much appreciated! I have never heard of using thread, Manda & Paula - I'll have to try that in the morning. I'll also try the Windex, Patti (at least it's less messy than cooking oil - lol).  Tracey, if none of those work, I guess I'll use the dish soap or cooking oil - one way or another this ring is coming off. I really don't want it cut off - it's a pretty little band with sapphires that my hubby gave me years and years ago & it means a lot to me.

Once again, thank you all for your warm wishes on my surgery Friday. Tracey, I'll give you the full report once I'm back home & rested up - you're not far behind me - lol! I have to admit that I'm getting a little edgy & nervous at this point and I will be glad when it's over and I'm finally sitting on the bench with a big smile on my face! My daughter, Jennifer, is acting as my angel and she will post a message on here to let everyone know that all went well with my surgery. She has gone to all of my appointments, tests and meetings with me and has been with me every step of the way, so it seemed fitting that she would be my angel as well.  Okay, off to bed - see you on the other side!

Deb

JJ_
on 5/9/12 4:52 pm

OMG Deb.  I can`t believe that your surgery date is tomorrow.  I am sending prayers your way for a safe trip and surgery.  I will be looking for the message from Jennifer.  **hugs**

Take care, and can`t wait to hear how everything went once you are able to tell us.

Judy

gigglesAlot
on 5/9/12 8:22 pm
I had 3 rings on my right hand and my wedding ring on my left, that had to be cut off at the jewellry store.  I was sad about that, but in the end, all of my rings had to be re-sized anyways so it was okay.

Good Luck.
Barb
Out of HEARTACHE . . . . comes JOY!!!    
Referring Weight - 256lbs
Dietician Weight In - 253lbs
Starting Optifast Weight - 250lbs
Surgery Day Weight - 240lbs
Current Weight - 171 lbs

My Angel with Wings. . . and My Earth Angel . . . .is Sandi, who's. . . . . .going2Bthin!! 
MS Miller
on 5/9/12 9:42 pm - Nepean, Canada
 Hi,

I was like you ha one ring that would not come off, I was worried but all they did was cover it with tape, problem solved, so the good news it came off in less than 3 weeks.

Good luck

Surgery Sept 13th 2011 Dr. Hagen 
350Ann180
on 5/9/12 10:11 pm - St. Williams, Canada
VSG on 05/02/12
Best of Luck Deb!

Ann

Most Active
Recent Topics