Question RE: Food Diary & Dietician

JJ_
on 5/27/12 10:38 am
Yes, that is the beauty of the surgery.  We get full so easily.  It makes the dieting so much easier to handle.

Keep up the great work Deb.

Judy
stephanie2011
on 5/27/12 12:40 pm - toronto, Canada
Hi Deb, I think it would be the saltines that are causing that pain and maybe eating them a bit too fast.  my surgery was on the 8th so I am pretty much at the same stage and I find that I can have a saltine on its own and have to chew like crazy and it is okay but have only had about 3 at a time and 1 was on its own and 2 in my soup.  BTW - flavored tuna on saltines was one of my favs before surgery.  mmm, so good.  maybe I will try tuna now.  I hadn't yet.  I get that same pain when I eat something too fast or too much at one time. 

I also track on my fitness pal and find it is really good and pretty easy too.  my problem is that all my foods are new so I can't re-select any of my pre surgery foods so it is taking me a bit of extra time but that will pass as I re build a new favorites food list. 

Steph
Referral: Aug 3, 2010       Info Session: Dec 12, 2011   
Nurse Appt: Jan 30, 2012    Diet/Nut Appt: Feb 8, 2012
Surgery Class: Jan 24, 2012
Meet Surgeon: Feb 8,2012    Start Optifast: April 24, 2012
Surgery Date: May 8, 2012

northernlight
on 5/27/12 1:29 pm - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Hi Steph - great to hear that you're doing well - we're only 3 days apart in our surgery dates.  What an adventure this is, huh? I do think that you're right about the saltines. I assumed it was okay as I was told we could eat them with a bit of tuna or egg salad on them in the Pureed stage, but I'll put them aside until later. I did have a scrambled egg & it was fantastic!  Think I'll stick with my Greek yogurt & "safe" foods - lol!

I signed up for myfitnesspal & logged in today's food. The only thing I didn't like was when I added my tuna, it only gave me the option of a measurement much higher than the tablesoon or so that I actually ate (something like half a can - way more than I used). I still have to read the "Help" section - I'm probably just missing something. I like the way it automatically calculates your totals for you & I can print it off when I need to.

stephanie2011
on 5/27/12 1:55 pm - toronto, Canada

thanks.  I do feel great and it sounds like you are doing really well also.  This really is an adventure.  I have had a little stall already and I am finding it challenging to eat enough.  Can you imagine??  LOL.  I just get tired of eating.  I also find it hard if I am on the move during the day or on the weekends when we are typically very busy during the daytime but am trying to focus on making time to eat or making sure that I have some portable yogourts, apple sauce etc.  I tried a cheese string today (out of desperation when I was on the go) and it sat just fine in my pouch.  for dinner, I had about a 1/2 cup of potato salad and a chicken meatball mashed up and that sat just fine too.  thankfully since I was out for dinner. 
It is hard to know what to eat exactly and what is going to sit well once it is down isn't it?  

I also added a scrambled egg to my diet with a bit of cheddar on it and yum!!  it was like heaven.  LOL. 

as for the measurements, if you find that they only have half a can as the measurement, then adjust the quantity to .5 or .33 to bring the quantity down to what you actually ate.  Or if something is 1 cup and you only had a half, then enter qty .5.  That is what I do to adjust it if I can't find my quantity in the listing. 

and to think this journey is really just begun!!  bring it on :)

Referral: Aug 3, 2010       Info Session: Dec 12, 2011   
Nurse Appt: Jan 30, 2012    Diet/Nut Appt: Feb 8, 2012
Surgery Class: Jan 24, 2012
Meet Surgeon: Feb 8,2012    Start Optifast: April 24, 2012
Surgery Date: May 8, 2012

Most Active
Recent Topics