Not big enough?

Monica M.
on 6/23/12 2:38 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
there seem to be lots of doctors who are very unfamiliar with the process.

41 is fine, you're still over 40.

DebS55
on 6/23/12 10:48 am - Canada
My BMI was about 39. I had no health issues but a stong history of family health concerns and a long history of losing and then regaining wieght. I was early in the TWH program but had no problem qualifying.

straberryz
on 6/24/12 10:16 am - Ottawa, Canada
your bmi is high enough, right now mine 40.5 when I was refered it was 40....its been 42 in past. You can always do some research and find a dr in your area whos "pro wls" Ive met alot of drs who actually disagree with it. In ottawa I went to dr. elliosoff, hes a walk in dr at appletree clinic and hes amazing. very nice man. He also as a huge knowledge of wls, he was a bariatric surgeon in the states in his younger days,
michellealana
on 6/24/12 12:07 pm
Thanks!
My Dr. was actually okay with it in general and admitting to having never done this before. I guess I was thinking of a different reaction from folks. I am fine with that though.... the ones that need to be supportive are, and the others who will wonder why they werent told, will be told the reason in time.
One of my co-workers who has gone thru this process nine years ago was told just to tell people it is weigh****chers... it goes over alot better! isnt that sad??
I assume you are having your surgery in Ottawa, or have you already?
avivaps
on 6/24/12 12:38 pm
RNY on 02/28/12
 I was also a little worried as although my BMI was 40, I am only 5 ft tall so that meant I only needed to lose 80  lb to hit a normal BMI. No problem with me qualifying. I was also worried that if I lost too much weight preop I wouldn't qualify.  I had dropped to a BMI of 37 at time of surgery (I also had sleep apnea) and it wasnt a problem. 

Good luck. 

Andrea. 

RNY February 2012

starting BMI 40

Most Active
Recent Topics