Not losing like I thought

gimpymom
on 6/3/13 10:29 am

I too was a light ! My girlfriend and I did this process together-she had more weight to lose than I did. Our surgery was on the same day with the same surgeon. I ended up with a complication post op and had another surgery to fix the issue and had to stay in hospital for a week, and went home with an abdominal drain for a month. Exercise initially was very tiresome due to the 2 surgeries in as many days and the drain causing pain issues etc.  We are now 9 months post op and she has lost over 120 pounds and I -75 or so. She has never had a stall of any kind and I have had them off and on since month 3...and am currently in another one--that being said I have surpassed the clinic goal for me by a very healthy margin and have dropped down from size 24 to size 12-14. I have a wonderful new wardrobe and energy to beat all... so we are all individual and different...I feel amazing and if I didn't lose my personal goal I would still be happy at where I am today.. I weigh myself daily as it keeps me accountable...I don't obsess over daily weight differences as fluid retention, bowels etc all make a difference.
I wish you continued luck in your journey- Johanna

oh as an aside- I have humidity triggered asthma and this past week I did not have an attack during the humid days--the weight loss has made a major difference in my overall health that is for sure!!!

referral  Nov 23, 2011 orientation Dec 16   PATT Aug 9 OR DATE Aug. 20, 2012 ACHIEVED CLINIC GOAL Feb. 2013

Most Active
Recent Topics