Surgery and hospital items Optifast

TracyLynn2BThin
on 7/11/14 7:27 pm

I am 4 days post op. I took the following with me for a 2 night stay : 3 pair underwear, hairbrush (their comb would not work in my hair lol), 2 pair socks, 4 Tena Pads , 1 softlips chapstick, Notebook, 2 blue pens, earplugs, my laptop.  smart phone, my CPAP and a change of outfit. The hospital provided all food, medications, bath products and to be honest sleep wear. As well as bedding that included all the pillows a person could need. Heck I was asleep most of the time expect to get up and walk and get my fluids in. The staff was really amazing. 

♠ RNY 7/07/14 HW 320/CW 143.4 (09/23/2015) GW 150 ♠

TracyLynn2BThin
on 7/11/14 7:37 pm

PS. Once in the hospital AFTER FOR THE WEEK AFTER SURGER,  we were on all clear liquids- 5 calories or less, sugar free popsicles, sugar free jello. Now when it comes to a protein supplement time, sure you can use Optifast. I have been on it myself. Once I was off the Optifast program I would have to buy it off Ebay. I personally liked chocolate and Vanilla Ready to Drink. Seriously, whey not get Unjury or Chike? They are cheaper, taste as good and have the same quality? :)

Karen M.
on 7/11/14 9:58 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Optifast is not an appropriate choice post-op - not enough protein. She is asking about it for her pre-op diet requirements. Your suggestion re. Unjury or Chike is a good one. I'll add in the suggestion of Premier ready-to-drink shakes as an easily available, high quality protein drink for post-op.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

DeeMishka
on 7/11/14 11:24 pm
RNY on 08/08/14

Hey guys thank you all for your advice I've added a few items to my list. I am stocked up on premier protein 4 cases I think that should be good for awhile. 

I haven't purchased any protein powders yet as so many people have told me your taste buds change after surgery and they suggested waiting until after surgery and getting samples that way your not wasting money on stuff you don't like. 

And yes I am looking for the optifast 900 for my pre op diet if anyone had any extras kicking around they wanted to sell. 

Thank You Everyone

Karen M.
on 7/11/14 11:27 pm - Mississauga, Canada

If you've got Premier shakes and like them, that's all you will need as far as protein supplementation. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

TracyLynn2BThin
on 7/12/14 5:37 pm

Yes that is a very good point. When I was on Optifast it was short term and it has only 14 grams of protein per serving! Why would you spend money for HALF the protein. 

pegawatt
on 7/13/14 6:22 am - Canada

Couldn't you mix the Optifast with protein powder and shake it up as if you were using Crystal light?

Most Active
Recent Topics