Four Year Anniversary - Long, Annual Powst

Dreamy74
on 3/23/15 2:22 am
RNY on 02/04/15

KELLY!!!!

OMG! You are my inspiration!  As Patm said, look at those MUSCLES!!!!  WOWZA.

It isn't easy being green - Kermit the Frog

kellybelly333
on 3/23/15 4:28 am - Toronto, Canada

Thanks all. It's funny, I look at the pics and I still see flaws. SO I forced myself to pick something out and be positive about it. My feet. They don't look fat anymore. I keep thinking that my feet are still fat from my view. But in these pics they just look like regular feet. So that's cool!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

bumma
on 3/23/15 9:26 am

Kelly, you are an inspiration.  You are so brave to share in such a public way.  I have not checked any of these websites before as we were just able to upgrade to high speed internet.  We had dialup previously and was impossible.

I am 13 months out of surgery and I am struggling with food and eating properly.  I have gained 10 lbs and am scared out of my mind.  I am quite a bit older than you are and I went through a long and difficult recovery period.  I am feeling so much better now but I find that I am constantly walking around thinking about what I could eat.  

Any ideas would be appreciated.  with thx.

kellybelly333
on 3/23/15 10:35 pm - Toronto, Canada

I would contact your centre for help ASAP. You are still in the malabsorption stage, and about to come out of it. Now is when you need to get on the head hunger and why you are walking around constantly thinking about what you could eat. My therapist has said so many valuable words of wisdom to me, and the one that always sticks is that I (and you) have had a lifetime of bad habits, it's not going to just magically disappear! 

It seems like it does at the beginning, but once the pouch heals and the villi grows back, our old ways can kick in. 

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

bumma
on 3/24/15 7:43 am

Thank you kellybelly333,

I have not heard those words like malabsorption stage and about to come out of it.  What is the villi?  never heard that one either.  I will contact the dietician in Thunder Bay right away...gracai

jaxie77
on 3/23/15 10:28 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

WOW ! Such an amazing transformation ! In every sense ! And I especially love how you just casually mention all the hiccups along the way , like you've just breezed right through them ! A trooper for sure . You're obviously a really strong woman inside and out and have taken this whole thing in your stride . If I can be anywhere near as a successful as you have been , in mind body and soul ....I'll be a happy wee bunny 

Well done to you xx 

Jax xx

(deactivated member)
on 3/23/15 12:35 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

You're gorgeous. Such an inspiring post. Thank you for sharing!! 

happypants
on 3/23/15 3:05 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Kelly I am so incredibly proud of you and your accomplishments in such a short time, four years is short in relitive terms. Look what you have done my friend!!! WOOT WOOT. You really have  rocked this. I am so proud of you.

The  look of  happiness on your face is so infectious. I have truly loved watching your success these last four years. Cant wait to see what you accomplish next.

Happy Anniversary Kelly!!

Hugs and support

xox

Ann

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

(deactivated member)
on 3/23/15 3:12 pm

You look FAB FAB FAB. Good for you. You had a rough go but you obviously feel and look like a million bucks so well worth it. I dont know what dog ears are???? Can i ask did you have other plastic surgery?? Your belly looks great and everything, so I'm just wondering.

Great job!

kellybelly333
on 3/23/15 10:40 pm - Toronto, Canada

I had a breast reduction when I was 21. But they grew back along with my weight and my two pregnancies. So since surgery just the panni. I would love my inner thighs done, and my arms aren't bad (which is surprising if you look at how big they were in my before pic). 

Dog ears are extra skin at the hips. It can happen after a panniculectomy, so she repaired them. 

Most Active
Recent Topics