Excess Skin

Catw
on 4/29/16 6:54 am - Arnprior, Canada

Even if you do some of the things that they say will reduce the excess skin, it won't take it all away.  It's going to be there.

If you can get approved for a pani (and that can be a fight from what I hear) some Drs will let you upgrade to a full Tummy Tuck and you just pay the difference.  But anything that OHIP pays for, you must have a proven medical reason to get it done.

I live outside of Ottawa, but there are a couple plastic surgeons that come to my hospital once a week and their main office is in Ottawa.  My Dr. gave me their names, but I don't have them with me at the moment.  If you are planning to try going through OHIP, then that's trickier.  Actually, if you ask at the OWMC, they may be able to help you with a couple names.

Cathy

(deactivated member)
on 4/29/16 8:14 am

Hi Cathy

I will ask for sure.  I was more curious as to what I'd be left with and thinking about that stage of the game seems so far away for me right now.  I do need the information because I'm not one that likes surprises, so thank you.  Regardless of whether OHIP pays I'm pretty sure I'd be getting the surgery.  Gravity can be a nasty enemy in this situation.  We'll see how things roll out.   Pardon the pun.  I hope I don't offend people I just have to keep things light or my world gets a little too dark when it comes to this albatross (my current weight). 

I have over the years read your posts Cathy as I've been considering this for many years.  Your success is commendable and so you're a great role model. 

To those veterans that keep in touch even after you reach your goals, thank you so much!!! You have no idea how much your insight and sharing of your experiences means to those of us who are nervous about the process.  Please keep in touch.

Patricia (Pat E)

Catw
on 4/29/16 8:30 am - Arnprior, Canada

Good undergarments will do a world of good until you get surgery (if you decide you need it then).  Just make sure that they are professionally fitted.  Ill fitting ones don't do anything for you.  There are a few places around Ottawa that can fit you. 

While you lose weight, you change clothes often, so never buy expensive, or too many.  Just what you need, and if you can, what you can wear for a couple sizes without it looking too sloppy.  And you'll be amazed what parts of your body will change.  Thrift stores are your friend for a while.

If you look up on line, you might find some prices for surgery, but it's never going to be exact.  You won't get that without a consult (which you wouldn't do until you're ready for plastics).  They always claim it depends on the person how much they will charge.

Enjoy your journey!

Cathy

(deactivated member)
on 4/29/16 8:41 am

The fortunate thing I have going for me is that A. I buy clothes that have a classic timeless look (nothing too trendy) so they can be worn the following year without looking out of style.  B. I didn't give away the smaller sizes just stored them. I think that should help during the weight loss.

Can't wait to move forward!!

Pat E

Most Active
Recent Topics