At a complete stall...

NHPOD9
on 2/25/18 7:35 am
On February 24, 2018 at 1:37 PM Pacific Time, oneatatime wrote:

No... but support is certainly a vital component. Just cause werre nice, doesn't make us any less helpful. We go about it constructively, in a way that builds community and that works for us. There is nothing wrong with that. We don't go on the general board and tell you you're behaving badly.

Please, all of you... stop telling us our approach here is wrong. It works for us.

I disagree. Help isn't hand patting and saying everything will be alright, when it just may not be. The OP was given suggestions to examine her eating as six weeks without loss indicates caloric intake is to blame. The fact the OP became defensive, blamed her "special cir****tances," yet didn't provide information about those cir****tances, both indicate intake just may be an issue.

Feel free to hold her hand and tell her everything will work out, but don't be deluded into thinking you are somehow better than other posters. At least the individuals *****plied giving sound advice were being honest about this process.

~Jen
RNY, 8/1/2011
HW: 348          SW: 306          CW:-fighting regain
    GW: 140

He who endures, conquers. ~Persius

oneatatime
on 2/25/18 7:56 am
RNY on 09/01/17

To be fair, I didn't disagree with any of the "sound advice" that was given. I took exception to a purely sarcastic comment that was needlessly made about "location clearly being the secret to weight loss" or whatever you said.

Please, get to know me even a little bit before you accuse me of thinking I am better than anyone. Your condescension is not welcome.

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

Oxford Comma Hag
on 2/24/18 6:57 am

Darn it. I knew I should have had surgery in Timbuktu.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

oneatatime
on 2/24/18 12:09 pm
RNY on 09/01/17

That was really unnecessary.

Even though, yes, this is a public forum and you CAN say whatever you want, please remember there are real people with real feelings at the other end of the screen and it doesn't mean you SHOULD.

Clearly, this is a very emotional topic for the OP, and I find it very insensitive the way this conversation has gone.

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Oxford Comma Hag
on 2/26/18 10:44 am

No one was mean or rude. The OP got ****ty with people because we didn't say what she wanted to hear.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

oneatatime
on 2/26/18 7:05 pm
RNY on 09/01/17

I was referring specifically to your Timbuktu post... but I suspect you know that. If not, now you do. :)

rocky513
on 2/24/18 8:18 am - WI

Congrats on the new baby.

The suggestion that people should be aware of increased fertility after WLS is spot on. It was not meant to slight you in any way. It was information given for others who may be reading this so they look into other or additional forms of birth control. Many do not properly absorb the birth control pill (in addition to hormones running wild) after surgery.

Count me in the group that does not see an attack on you. You asked a question and got informative answers. I'm sorry you didn't hear what you wanted to hear. The vets are the most compassionate people on these boards. They pay it forward everyday. They have been here for years, taking time out of their busy day to offer any help they can. Just because YOU don't like the delivery does not mean they lack compassion.

There is no such thing as a "unique journey". We are all human with the same bodily functions. There is a science to successful weight loss. That science is simple. If you are gaining weight, you are eating too much. If you eat enough calories that you are not losing weight, then you are in maintenance. If you want to lose weight, you need to reduce calories. Everyone is in that same boat.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

Lucile777
on 2/24/18 4:51 pm

It doesn't matter that you became pregnant - Dominic is a blessing and it's noones business. Enjoy every moment with your son. You have been supportive of so many Ontarioans and we will be supportive of you. Much love and keep up with your protein.

Starnaenae
on 2/24/18 4:52 pm

Thank you! He is a blessing indeed!!!

TWH: Referral May 2015 --> Orientation November 2015 --> Surgeon at TWH Nov 2016 --> Transferred to Guelph --> Surgeon Appt Dec 1 2016 --> Opti Start Dec 8 2016 --> Surgery Dec 22 2016 HW: 331 SW:302 GW: 170

Daisydoo02
on 2/26/18 5:29 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13
On February 24, 2018 at 10:20 AM Pacific Time, Starnaenae wrote:

First off i didnt choose to get pregnant. Especially not three months out.

Secondly my ability to care for and love my son has absolutely nothing to do with my weight loss.

I dont really care how it was worded oeople shouldnt be quick to jumpthe gun and make assumptions. I get its an open forum i wasnt born yesterday.one thing ive noticed abt the ?vets? is theyre cold, and dont have any compassion or consideration for each unique journey ad everyone has a different story to tell and has a different journey

again hope everyone has a great weekend

You could not be more wrong. The "Vets" are the farthest thing from cold and in fact have a plethora of compassion and empathy. These Vets you speak of are my friends in real life and feel the need to speak up for them.

Did you notice that all the newbies here gave you responses with "you will lose the weight and just stay the course" that is nice but its not reality. Don't you want advice from the Vets who have been YEARS successful of losing all heir weight and keeping it off versus some of the response you got were from pre ops, how is a pre op giving advice to someone who is looking to kick start their weight loss.

I hope you took the weekend and thought about this and you were able to see the advice you got from the Vets is truly to help and guide you. If it came across to you as cold and indifferent remember not everyone in your real life talks to you with rainbows and cuddly kittens either.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you, you may need the Vets in the future when you are years post op and you find yourself in a situation that only they can help you with.

Congrats on your beautiful baby boy, wishing you both health and happiness.

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Most Active
Recent Topics