almost 6 weeks post op...Getting concerned

Mybratboys3
on 1/27/15 10:04 am

holy cow !!! I was told NO pasta or noodles whatsoever !!!

Oxford Comma Hag
on 1/26/15 6:15 am

Pasta and mashed potatoes are terrible foods for post ops. Protein first. That can take the form of eggs, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, etc. There is absolutely no reason to eat simple white carbohydrates like that.

Lots of people don't like protein shakes.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Jennew2015
on 1/26/15 6:35 am

Small pasta with sauce and mashed potatoes are on my list at this point. However mashed potatoes taste horrible to me. Cottage cheese and yogurt are basically all I feel like eating.

My surgeon is great and very creditable. Each surgeon has their own guidelines.

Trouble1391011
on 1/26/15 6:58 am

Oh and I ate eggs too... I am not telling you what to eat, just telling you what I did eat.  You can choose what you want off your list.  I don't eat 90% of what was on there and I never did :)  either way, you will be ok and you will get past this... 

Jennew2015
on 1/26/15 8:34 am

Thanks again 

Jennew2015
on 1/26/15 8:34 am

Thanks again 

Oxford Comma Hag
on 1/26/15 7:15 am

I didn't say your surgeon wasn't credible. I said those are poor food choices for a post op. They are simple carbohydrates with very little nutrition.

Do whatever you want.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

aesposito
on 1/27/15 1:20 pm

Your surgeon is neither great nor credible if he is telling you to eat pasta and mashed potatoes this early on.  Sorry, but that's how it is... and I have nearly 200 pounds of weight loss to back up my opinion.  If you don't agree, that is fine... ruin thousands of dollars worth of surgery then, doesn't affect me much (other than makes me mad).

Audrey

Highest weight: 340
Surgery weight: 313
Surgery date: 10/24/11
Current weight 170... 170 pounds lost!!!!

I am not a doctor, but I play one at work.

(deactivated member)
on 1/26/15 8:56 am

Trust me don't eat noodles. Or crackers. I would ask a vet.

Chilipepper
on 1/26/15 6:29 am
On January 26, 2015 at 8:36 AM Pacific Time, Trouble1391011 wrote:

We have the same Dr :)  I hit the 3 week stall right at my 3rd week and the scale didn't move until week 6... Hang in there and keep on doing what you are doing!  It will move again... Also, I lived on noodles and mashed potatoes until I got past week 7 and was allowed to eat meat! I hate protein shakes... Im down 62 lbs at almost 4 months out...

I am so troubled by this!  Dr Graber would not agree with this!   He is a well respected surgeon and you telling people to eat mashed potatoes and chicken pasta noodles and mashed potatoes for 7 weeks, I seriously doubt he would have staked his reputation on you. Early out you can fart and lose a pound. If you were so healthy and ate only meat and vegatables preop, why go to the trouble of WLS since you don't like the protocol.  

Dear opening poster. The information provided by Trouble is not advisable.  Stick with protien and avoid the carbs and your stall will eventually break.  

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 495 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 395 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 383 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 321 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 219 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?