What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

mamata2
on 10/6/15 6:21 am

Good morning! The one year I got the flu shot I actually got the flu :( I know it probably had nothing to do with it but still... So this weekend my husband asked me to run with him. I WAS SHOCKED! I always ask if he wants to run with me and he always declines politely. So this morning we went and jogged. Actually my hubbie took off in a sprint and wanted to stop 1/4 mile later. I encouraged him to keep going to a 1/2 mile. We walked for a bit and then ran 1/2 mile home. I am so very proud of him.

I am looking for new snack ideas. What is your favorite snack right now??

Time since surgery: 15+ months

B: Coffee with Bliss Pumpkin creamer and 4 slices turkey bacon

S: 1/2 Premier Protein bar and more coffee

L: Chiptotle CHicken Sausage or Sweet Potato and Chicken Salad from my favorite food cart

S: 1 oz Gouda and 5 pretzel thins

D: Taco Tuesday!

W/V: Started

E: 1 mile run with hubbie this am, 1 hour bike tonight

Totals: Calories 1010, Protein 70, Carbs 65, Fat 57

Emiepie
on 10/6/15 6:52 am
RNY on 08/11/14

That's great that your hubby did a run with you! Hmmm, fav snack at the moment is the pumpkin pie quest bar but always can fall back on my thin addictives with laughing cow cheese wedge.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

stacyrg
on 10/6/15 9:23 am
VSG on 05/12/14

My favorite snack at the moment is cinnamon somersaults and grapes. I'm also a big fan of moon cheese. Love the crunchy nuggets (can you tell I'm in a crunch mood???) When I'm not craving crunch a roll-up with thin sliced deli meat and provolone cheese hits the spot.

kaniky
on 10/6/15 10:49 am
RNY on 05/18/15
On October 6, 2015 at 1:21 PM Pacific Time, mamata2 wrote:

Good morning! The one year I got the flu shot I actually got the flu :( I know it probably had nothing to do with it but still... So this weekend my husband asked me to run with him. I WAS SHOCKED! I always ask if he wants to run with me and he always declines politely. So this morning we went and jogged. Actually my hubbie took off in a sprint and wanted to stop 1/4 mile later. I encouraged him to keep going to a 1/2 mile. We walked for a bit and then ran 1/2 mile home. I am so very proud of him.

I am looking for new snack ideas. What is your favorite snack right now??

Time since surgery: 15+ months

B: Coffee with Bliss Pumpkin creamer and 4 slices turkey bacon

S: 1/2 Premier Protein bar and more coffee

L: Chiptotle CHicken Sausage or Sweet Potato and Chicken Salad from my favorite food cart

S: 1 oz Gouda and 5 pretzel thins

D: Taco Tuesday!

W/V: Started

E: 1 mile run with hubbie this am, 1 hour bike tonight

Totals: Calories 1010, Protein 70, Carbs 65, Fat 57

Where do you get the chipotle chicken sausage? Sounds yummy!

I never said it would be easy. I said it would be worth it.
M1: -15, M2: -14, M3: -8, M4 -11, M5 -8, M6 -7, M7 -8, M8 -4

Emiepie
on 10/6/15 6:48 am, edited 10/5/15 11:48 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! We had our flu shot thing a few weeks ago but ours isn't mandatory (kinda wish more people would get it though.) Hope you and the kiddo have fun this week and YES enjoy the mall and find something fabulous to splurge on :)

Time since surgery: 1 year + 1 month

B: SF latte, egg beaters with spinach and cheese, fruit (apple slices, dried figs and grapes)

L: Grilled chicken, black bean noodles, Alfredo sauce, some broccoli and blueberry ricotta bake

S: Quest pumpkin pie bar and a SF iced latte made with Fairlife milk

D: Cloud bread, deli turkey, Swiss cheese, light and fit yogurt and some artic zero

E: 1 hour cardio

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1160 Protein:111 Carbs:115 Fat:36

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Deanna798
on 10/6/15 7:30 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I just started getting flu shots a few years ago. I try to get all of us to get in and get one, not that I've ever gotten the actual flu, but if the shot is available, why not make sure I don't get it.

So, I went to the chiropractor yesterday and now my back feels bruised. I have been having back pain for the last month or so. I knew I had arthritis in my neck, and now I'm finding out that my spine is pretty misaligned. add to that the fact that my back is incredibly tight. The doctor couldn't adjust my back sitting down because it was so tight, I had to stand against the wall while he assaulted me! lol. I've been under chiropractic care in the past, about 6 years ago, but didn't stick with the maintenance and I'm right back where I started. Actually, a little worse off since arthritis has actually worsened a bit in that 6 years. He says that normally he wouldn't see this kind of arthritis in someone my age, and that I have the spine of a 60 year old! Of course we can fix it, just going to take 3 times weekly visits and some discomfort as he beats my bones back into proper alignment.

I met a goal this morning. 60 pounds lost! I was on a mini stall, but that Miralax finally worked and I lost a few pounds, lol. For some reason my ticker hasn't updated with the new milestone.

Food:

B: Unjury chocolate with 4oz fairlife milk, half a banana and ice. this is sitting frozen in my Thermos brand travel mug. I'm about to get my spoon out and eat it, since I've been trying to shake it out with the lid on all morning.

L: albacore tuna with a Wasa Rye Crisp

D: broiled chicken thigh with sauteed zucchini

S: Triple Zero yogurt, grapes, laughing cow cheese and 1 Qinoa cripsbread (this is afternoon and possible evening snack)

Totals:

Cal: 705 Protein: 84 Carbs: 58 Fat: 13

Water going in, and I took my first round of vitamins this morning. I am feeling noticably better, just taking my b12 sublingual makes a huge difference.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

peachpie
on 10/6/15 7:56 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Congrats on meeting the milestone! Do you have rewards set aside for goals/milestones met?

My ticker hasn't been updating either.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Emiepie
on 10/6/15 8:46 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Congrats on meeting goal!

melissasue1982
on 10/6/15 11:07 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Good job with your vitamins, KEEP IT UP!! You know how important they are

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

peachpie
on 10/6/15 7:52 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

With the way stuff has been breaking down in my house I'd fear my hubby being away right now. Last night it was the toilet--- ugg. Good thing he's pretty handy!

Breakfast: Hard Boiled egg, hard boiled egg white, 1 turkey sausage and peaches

S. Apple Pie Greek Yogurt & Pumpkin falx granola

L: Chicken breast over a South western style salad.

S: cashews

D: Turkey Legs and Green beans, rice for the family.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Most Active
Recent Topics