What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 2/1/16 6:25 am, edited 1/31/16 10:30 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

I still have a flip phone, so there's no posting that way for this Luddite.  LOL  I upload the pics to my profile and then C/P into the post.  Here's another one from Friday night; my kid is such a ham.

Emiepie
on 2/1/16 6:46 am
RNY on 08/11/14

congrats on your scale movement :)

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

stacyrg
on 2/1/16 9:14 am
VSG on 05/12/14

I love the Kind bars, but only eat them on days where my calories are low since the protein to calorie ratio sucks.  But I feel like I'm eating actual food because of the nuts (probably kidding myself, but I've accepted that and am fine living in fantasyland!)

chassibi
on 2/1/16 6:19 am

Congrats on being UNDER goal AV! What a spectacular feeling that must be. :)

I had a pretty good weekend, ate too much sweet stuff though. Back at it today.

B-Collard greens and 1 egg over easy (had these at Cracker Barrel Friday night and they were so good I made a batch for the week)

L-tortilla boat with ground turkey, taco fixings

D-shrimp ****tail with sauce; collard greens

S-3 T almonds

S-irish tea with creamer

Cals: 907

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

Deanna798
on 2/1/16 6:23 am, edited 1/31/16 10:23 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

Woohoo AV! Congrats on getting under goal! It sounds like your weekend was incredible! Mine was pretty darn good too, I have worked really hard this last week to get my carb problem under control. Foodwise, this weekend was great, plus I am down another pound to my lowest weight in 20 years of 186lbs. 18lbs from my surgeons goal for me, and 47 away from mine.

I did our taxes last night and for the first time ever, we have to pay. It's based on 2 things really, my husbands new position is paying a lot more so we're in a higher tax bracket, but also he upped his deductions last year without telling me so they took less out of his check. I don't mind not getting a refund, but I hate having to pay more out of pocket. I usually rush to file because I get a little bit back, but this year we'll be waiting until the very last second as I comb through my financials looking for every single eligible medical expense I can claim. I didn't go through it because normally I don't have enough, but this year it will be worth it and we may have enough to actually meet the minimum needed to deduct it.

I joined the Bariatric Foodies challenge yesterday, and my goal this week is to keep my evening snacking to plan. I always plan for a snack, and sometimes I go off plan. I will stay on plan this week! Here's a link to the challenge if you haven't seen it. www.bariatricfoodie.com

A made a new quiche this weekend. It's a pizza quiche with ricotta mixed with sauce, mozzarella and turkey pepperoni. They are yummy, but I think that I used too much ricotta. I'll use half the amount next time.

181 days since surgery (almost 6 months)

B: Pizza quiche with wonton crust, coffee with cream and splenda

L: Turkey taco meat with 1/2 a la banderita low carb tortilla (will likely eat just a bite), mozzarella, plain greek yogurt and salsa

D: meatloaf with steamed green beans

S: light and fit greek key lime, 1/2 a quest white chocolate raspberry bar

Totals:

Calories 759 Protein 68 Carbs 48 fat 40

Stick with it all!

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Pokemom
on 2/1/16 8:51 am
RNY on 12/29/14

We had a similar thing with our taxes last year, and I hated it.  Husband's income was up; we sold some stock for home repairs/improvements; we had fewer charitable deductions.  We realized it is a double whammy--not only the higher tax bracket, but also no longer qualifying as much for child tax credits and college tuition credits.  It was a big ouch.  BIG!

peachpie
on 2/1/16 9:38 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

We'll probably owe this year too. Last year we got a $1 refund and that was only because I was able to take a home energy credit for something we had done. 

I think I've run out of credits that we can claim now.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Deanna798
on 2/1/16 9:48 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Uuugh, I hope it isn't bad.  My hubby is going to adjust his deductions by 1 to avoid this in the future. Trying to get as close to zero as possible.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

aldade
on 2/2/16 3:27 am

APPARENTLY with a divorce last year which isn't hard and crappy enough,...the IRS also penalizes you for getting a divorce,....seriously I thought I would  never say this but THANK GOODNESS for a ton of medical bills cause that is the only thing that saved my butt this year!!!  Now if the IRS took payments in actual fat/skin off my butt, legs, belly instead of from my checking account I think I would be more willing to pay them!!!

Deanna798
on 2/2/16 3:48 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Divorce can be financially devastating. It was for me.  But it can also be a relief.  So,  my condolences and congratulations at the same time.!