(deactivated member)
on 2/7/16 10:18 am
Grim_Traveller
on 2/7/16 4:11 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

The sleeve part of a DS is usually done larger than if it was for a standalone VSG. I think most surgeons just really don't want to do a DS. There isn't a single DS surgeon in New England. Keep looking.

If you revise to RNY and don't lose enough, you will be at a dead end. If you can't find someone to do a sleeve to DS, you'll never find someone to do an RNY to DS.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

(deactivated member)
on 2/7/16 10:24 am
T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 2/7/16 1:27 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Try not to feel attacked, people really are trying to help. VSG to RNY is a more complicated procedure than the VSG to DS. Now the vsg isn't a standardized procedure, which is unfortunate, but you still end up with a much smaller stomach post op than pre op.

You're very borderline, even with a larger sleeve you can still lose the weight, but at this point it will take a bit more work & take longer to reach goal, but you'll have to buckle down to get there., & you can get there & stay there.

Take a long look at what you can do now & come back to the revision thing later.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

(deactivated member)
on 2/7/16 2:07 pm
GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 2/7/16 1:58 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Hi Rose!  I'm in SoCal too (Long Beach to be exact) and was wondering if you could share which surgeon's you've met with regarding a revision. I know Keshishian in Glendale is highly recommended and does the DS.  My surgeon is Braverman based out of Orange.

Thanks

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

(deactivated member)
on 2/7/16 2:10 pm
White Dove
on 2/7/16 12:56 pm - Warren, OH

Even people with a big, loose sleeve (say a 60 bougie) have a much smaller stomach than before surgery.  You need to learn to count calories n not count on restriction to stop you from eating.  There is no surgery that can overcome overeating.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

(deactivated member)
on 2/7/16 2:03 pm
T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 2/7/16 2:11 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

People do get you, its ok. We're a few months apart & one thing I've had to do as I worked my way down is adjust my numbers. 1200 calories a day would keep me at a standstill, I've had to cut down to 1000 calories, & most times I try to stay closer to 800 to keep the scale moving.

Congrats, you've done an amazing job, we just don't want you to give up now when you're getting so close to goal. You can do it!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Most Active