Getting discouraged, no clue what I should do next, any advice welcomed

hollykim
on 4/28/11 11:20 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
the fact that you MUST take a medication that can't be taken after the ENY might be enough for Your Medicaid to allow the sleeve instead. Ask your surgeon to call them and ask to have a "peer to peer" talk with the medical director.

Good luck,
Holly

shellyb1203
on 4/30/11 7:53 pm
VSG on 09/20/13
 I have never even heard of the "peer to peer"  thing.   Do you think it would be best for my sleep disorder physician to do this (the one who cares for my narcolepsy and Rx the medication) or the surgeon?     My sleep physican actually does most of the sleep study referrals, and apnea consults for my surgeon...so he is very knowledgeable about both ends,
hollykim
on 5/1/11 10:03 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Yes,sounds like he is a good one to do it. Tell him ahead of time what you are trying to achieve so he will know how you want the peer to peer to go and what outcome you are wanting.

Good luck and keep us posted.
H

pilotlady
on 5/1/11 1:09 am - Six Lakes, MI
I don't want to get your hopes up needlessly but I was scheduled for a RNY and when the surgeon opened my up to do it he found he could not do the RNY so he did the sleeve instead. I also had the original form of medicare and somehow he managed to get it through. I don't know what I suggest you do but it seems there is some way to get medicare to pay for a sleeve so don't give up yet.

hw 292.5 sw 270   cw166.6 gw 120 hgt 5'  includes 22.5 lbs pre-surgery  46.6 lbs to go
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 150 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 423 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 442 views