need advise: infection under breast/skin folds...

choice419
on 9/22/11 11:01 pm
sorry, i know it may sound gross, but i have noticed redness/smell under breast and in skin fold under buttock skin??  i am sure others have had this...how and what do you use to clear it up?  I have been using cornstarch powder and actually monistat??  any recommendations?

nursejessica
on 9/22/11 11:17 pm - Gillette, WY
This is NOT abnormal!  In fact I am going to see my PCP this morning to address this morning.  I am having redness under my belly and in other areas "down there".

One of the best things I have found is the Monistat tube for chafing.... works wonders! 

My Bariatric surgeon says that you need to go see the doctor when this happens and get a prescription for something (you do not need to fill it)  so that you can document that your weight loss is causing you skin issues.......  THEN it becomes a MEDICAL issue and not just a COSMETIC one.  Insurance is much much more likely to pay for a Medical Issue.... will never pay for a cosmetic issue. 

Jete
on 9/22/11 11:18 pm - Nashville, TN
 It sounds like it could be a heat rash.  I get them all the time in folds of skin.  I use A+D zinc oxide cream (blue color on the box).  That usually clears it up for me overnight.  

Jete

VickyBT
on 9/22/11 11:20 pm - MI
This is typically a fungal infection.  I get that as well despite daily showers and powdering especially in the summer when you get hot andd sweaty.
It can also occur in the groin area. When guys get it, its called "jock itch"
What my doc recommended and works great for me is Lamisil AT.  
Do not sub with other anti-fungals...get the Lamisil AT cream.  Hope it works for you.
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
 Willing is not enough; we must do.? ~Johann von Goethe

VSG Aug. 30, 2011 HW 266 SW 249 GW 166 lbs.

Cristina S.
on 9/23/11 1:02 am - New Britain, CT
I agree on the anti fungal cream.

VickyBT
on 9/22/11 11:24 pm - MI

P.S.  If you were not getting results with Monistat it could be because the  condition under your breast is not a yeast infection.

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
 Willing is not enough; we must do.? ~Johann von Goethe

VSG Aug. 30, 2011 HW 266 SW 249 GW 166 lbs.

ashwarren
on 9/22/11 11:57 pm

Just went to the doctor for this because I'd been getting them constantly under my breast on by newly formed belly fold. Doctor prescribed an anti fungal cream and powder.  The powder works so much better than the cream! 

HW: 240 SW: 227       
kimberleyann
on 9/23/11 12:14 am - Kingston, NS, Canada
Look for anti-monkeybutt powder, sounds stupid but works wonders. Actually made for truckers, and sports to avoid chaffing and damp area problems. In canada available in Shoppers drugmart and Zellars. Not sure about where your at.
HogRider
on 9/23/11 12:40 am - Jacksonville, FL
 I have seen it at almost every truck stop I have visited also.
USAF Retired                     CW: 257 SW: 341  GW :170
Jackie00
on 9/23/11 12:16 am
Ok I had this problem after my c-section a couple of years ago and still get it from my c-section "flap" so I am hoping my tummy tuck down the road will be covered with my history of infections there

Anyways, something that works almost instantly for me is after a shower and the area is well washed, I put the polysporin with the antibiotic and anaesthetic ointment on. I reapply it about every 4-6 hrs if there is pain, if not I am sure 10 hrs is fine to get rid of the infection. I know my doctor gave me an ointment but with the infection, redness and pain it burned me so bad so I found I had relief from the polysporin so I continued to use that until I could tolerate the ointment from my doctor.

I hope this helps
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views