So Why can't I chew gum?

urmisnshin2
on 10/11/11 8:51 am - TX
besides the risk of swallowing it and it getting stuck. When you chew....... gum, or anything else for that matter, your brain signals your stomach to increase it's production of gastric acid in anticipation that there will be food to digest. More gastric acid can cause at the least more acid reflux , nausea, etc...and the worst erosion at your staple line increasing the chance of a leak.

HW 280  SW 260 CW 155 GW 160      

Carmelita
on 10/11/11 9:02 am - Four Corners, NM
who said you couldn't chew SF GUM?

Quite a few peeps HAVE accidently swallowed their gum here within the FIRST WEEK post op...
no big deal... it dissolves, don't believe the 'urban legends' ...DO AN OH SEARCH "VSG SWALLOWED GUM"  don't believe me. 

the artificial sugars in SF gum are no different than the artificial sugars in your protein shakes, vitamins and some minerals, your jello, your popscicles ,crystal light  G2 or SF Soy Latte  have you EVER used any of these products....No?  Then ya never had WLS! lmao

Like everything  ya put in yer mouth to get past a CRAVING, NEED TO CHEW...that really is best is the trash than in yer tummy   ..........JUST LIKE GUM

SPIT DON'T SWALLOW!
ib40
on 10/11/11 12:53 pm
I chew gum after I finish eating so I don't forget and try to drink something too soon. It works well for me.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 100 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 324 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 368 views