6 Week Labs - Deficient in EVERYTHING..pls help!

sunnymicki
on 12/5/11 11:38 am
Everything you are deficient in is offered in a chewable, except potassium, I'm not sure about.  I know they make a liquid potassium because I've given it to my patients before.  So ask your Dr about it. 

Honestly, I don't even let my daughter take the flintstones gummies anymore, after I compared the label to another brand of children's vitamins (non-gummy but still chewable).  The gummies just didn't measure up.  She doesn't like the regular chewables as much (they aren't like candy to her), but too bad.

I take the Celebrate Multi Complete chewable with iron - price wise, I think it is very close to Centrum, and in my comparison of labels had more to offer.  I take the forest berry flavor and it isn't candy or anything but totally fine for a chewable vitamin.

I found a Vit D chewable at The Vitamin Shoppe that tastes like a little mint, very pleasant.  It is the kind that is easier to absorb as well.  It was very affordable. 

You should get a sublingual B12 - so it will dissolve under your tongue.  They are available at pretty much any drugstore.  And often you can find it with the other B vitamins, so B1 will be in there.

5'9" All weight lost post-op. Goal weight determined by body composition testing.

KathyA999
on 12/5/11 3:36 pm
I've always had a problem swallowing pills.  These days I take

Trader Joe's Adult Chewable Multivitamin
Trader Joe's sublingual B-12
Bariatric Advantage Calcium Citrate Chewy Bites - these little individually wrapped squares have the consistency of a tootsie roll, DON'T get their chewable calcium tablets, it's like chalk
OR
Costco's Liquid Reviva (like a previous poster recommended)
Gummy D3 from Vitamin Shoppe, 2K to 3K a day

Then in the capsule department I take

Biotin, 1000 mg from Vitamin Shoppe
VitaLady's Tender Iron

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 264 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views