Hydration.

INgirl
on 9/20/12 9:46 am
.. and adding to the discussion, chronic low level dehydration, which a lot normal folks are walking around with WILL make you feel fuzzy headed, and tired. Just 10% drop in hydration can cause this. A little more, headaches can happen.. Most folks today do not drink nearly as much as optimal, just enough to skate by from day to day.. 

I was a water-slammer pre-op (years of recurring bladder infections got me in the habit) and I do the same post op. I can tell when I'm lacking, I get tired. I try for 100oz clears over and above any other beverages I may have in the day. So, prob 120ish a day total fluid intake.
danzeppelin
on 9/20/12 11:22 am
VSG on 08/15/12
Wow! Thank you all so very much! Incredible. Rob you amaze me, man! All of y'all! I know my B's do add some brilliant "color" I have some other signs of dehydration too like dry skin, but now I know I'm not getting in enough water. I've been getting in about 72-or so ounces, but I'm definitely falling short of half my body weight in ounces. That is so very interesting. The glycogenesis, is fascinating. I read about that in Elina's post too the other day but the pieces just fell together for me i guess....thanks Rob. Makes sense to me now.
All of y'all are awesome. INgirl, you rock!

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 9/20/12 11:46 am
VSG on 10/09/12
I will second all that!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Paul Carrick
on 9/21/12 7:13 am - Eastsound, WA
VSG on 08/27/12
 Rob you are so right!

Maybe some of this is coincidence but I drank 15 glasses of water yesterday (I couldn't make 20) and presto. I dropped 4 pounds. This was after having lost nothing the previous day.

I'm a convert. I'll be making sure I'm well hydrated from now on.

Thanks...

Paul...

HW: 360 SW: 342 GW: 175 CW:  Click to find out  
  "Life is what happens while you're making other plans." - John Lennon

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views