Dizziness!?!?

Alice M.
on 12/17/12 10:33 pm - Taylor, MI
VSG on 12/03/12

Thanks again for the replies.  So helpful.  I was concentrating so hard on getting my protein that I let my water slide a little and think that is the main thing.  Today I will have 3 protein drinks and then water, water, water.  I was trying to use soups and yogurts to add to my protein and mixing it with dry milk and 1% milk to add to the protein.  That filled me up so much that the regular 64 oz. of water just wouldn't fit.  I'm gonna use the protein drinks for protein and until I'm regular again let it go at that.  Love water mixed with "Mojito" crystal light.  So good!  Everything from surgery went sooo beautifully that I just figured I would float on by, so I wasn't prepared for any problems.  Shows what can happen when you take things for granted.  The one thing I am sure of is that this site is the greatest.  I have relied so much on all the helpful suggestions and words of encouragement from everyone that I feel so much better able to go on this journey...with people who understand! 

Alice

Never dreamed that I could feel this good about myself again.  Looking forward to many healthy years now.

SW (6/27/12) - 255   PreOp (12/3/12) - 210   

MuttLover
on 12/18/12 12:04 am
VSG on 11/14/12

When I lost weight before, I had dizziness, and sometimes (even when a lot of the weight came back), I still do.  I had to discontinue BP meds -- and that helped.

I find that if I'm sitting for a long time, or in the morning, it just takes a couple of minutes sometimes for the BP to equalize throughout my body.  So, I just have made a habit of getting up slowly (LOL, when I remember), and making sure there are places near my office I can stop -- since sometimes I'll jump up and head to a meeting, only to get a couple feet and realize I'm lightheaded!

It also happens to me when I get out of the car sometimes, never when I've been driving, just as a passenger.

I also up the salt a bit.  Precursor -- I start craving pickles!

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 48 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 48 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 207 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 291 views