Surgery was April 2, 2012 and I am not doing so well

Calliou
on 4/25/12 4:32 am
RNY on 03/27/12
Oh my... I can't even imagine what you are going through right now. I am so sorry... If you need a shoulder, or an ear... message me.. I am here. Let us be support to you too.
{{{HUGS}}} to you....

CandieHearts
on 4/25/12 4:35 am - Orlando, FL
VSG on 05/17/12
I can’t say that I know exactly how you feel, but it is hard to feel like you’re the only one going through something or feels like no one understands, even the closest of people. The only thing I can promise is that this too shall pass. My thoughts and prayers are with you! Lots of Hugs!!!

justjudy
on 4/25/12 5:24 am - Canton, MI
Hugs!  Just be kind to yourself,do the best you can, get through the days one minute at a time, and come here for support.

Judy

glzgowlass
on 4/25/12 6:55 am - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
 Very sorry you are going through this.  My mother is still alive, but she was close to death a few weeks after my surgery and it was unexpected too.  She is in a different country so it was very stressful discussing D.N.R. procedures with the doctor over the phone and getting a flight for what I thought would be a funeral.  She pulled through...sort of...but that's a different story.

I can tell you that it really knocked me sideways when it came to dealing with everything I needed to with the WLS.  The food was different and the labels not as clear over there.  I really didn't do what I was supposed to, but I did my best.  

just do your best, people need to cut you a lot of slack and help you in any way they can.  Focus what you can on the protein and water.  I must admit, getting in fluids wasn't hard for me.  Try putting your protein powder in 4 oz of fluid so you can get it in with less struggle, I did that on the few days it just seemed like too much.

I think I went on solids by the 4th week if I remember correctly, so if you are the same it should get easier to find food to eat soon.

Hang in there.

HW: 218, SW: 204, CW: 139 GW: 112-119

I_must_be_crazy
on 4/25/12 8:39 am
Thank you all so very much, you have helped me. I know I will make it through this tough time it just seems so overwhelming at times. My Mother was my best friend and I talked to her almost everyday. I live in Rhode Island and she lived in Michigan I had to be in the car for 16 hours each way only 8 days after surgery and it was AWFUL. I know she would want me to do my best and I am but I am really afraid my best isn't good enough because I have already been hospitalized twice for dehydration. My husband keeps pushing me and I know he means well but it upsets me sometimes. It also makes me so unhappy that my Mom will not see the ME I have always wanted to be...
AnneGG
on 4/25/12 8:48 am
Oh, this has to be so tough for you! You might want to consider some counseling and grief support groups to help out with having places to talk about what you are struggling with.

Please take extra good care of yourself right now, and stand up for your needs. You sure deserve it.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Greg S.
on 4/25/12 9:09 am - Ypsilanti, MI
RNY on 05/08/12
 I'm praying for you, I know how hard it is to lose a parent, I've lost both., and keep the faith on the rest of your journey.
SugarGrl
on 4/25/12 11:26 am
I'm so very sorry for your loss. I adore my Mom and can't imagine going through this w/o her. Stay strong and keep your fluid and protein level up even if you have to drink it. Sorry I don't have much to offer except for a big ((((HUG))))

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!  LET'S GET HEALTHY!     STARTING WEIGHT 211.8, SURGERY 23 MAR 11; ONEDERLAND 30 MAR 11 199.2                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

BethR311
on 4/25/12 12:15 pm - Fort Wayne, IN
I am so very sorry for your loss. I'm praying that God will make His love very real to you.

I know how you feel, mushies was my worst stage. But dear lady, you have to take care of you, you know that's what your mom would want. Drink like it's your job, because it is. Try everything: herbal tea, crystal light, sugar free popsicles, broth, anything. Egg drop soup was a lifesaver for me.

Something else that does me good to this day is the protein hot chocolate you can get on various websites. It's 80 calories, 15 grams of protein, and even non WLS people like it. It's been cold where I live and I've been drinking that instead of my morning protein shake.

I can't imagine how hard it is right now to give a crap about anything but you don't want any more bouts of dehydration or to compromise your healing by getting seriously protein deprived.

I know you'll get lots of great advice, pointers and tips from the people here. We're here all the time.

Open yourself to possibility and possibility will present itself.
martitalinda
on 4/25/12 12:45 pm
I am so very sorry for your loss ((((hugs))))... Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Most Active