The Gastric Sleeve Was Counterproductive for Me

Zee Starrlite
on 10/22/15 12:10 pm

Why wouldn't she? They are identical twins especially their innards

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Chilipepper
on 7/22/15 8:40 am

Doctors understanding the cutting. Nutritionists still use the food pyramid. 99% of the time neither have been MO. The best advice is from vets and people who have actually layed on the table. Seems to me your diet is impeding your weight loss and your refusal to talk calmly and respectfully to people who try to offer advice. You are laying the failure of the sleeve on a surgery in which the only thing is done is cutting down the stomach to a size we all were actually born with.

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/15 11:29 am

I am trying to close my account here due to the insulting and ignorant comments I have gotten such as this last one. No one has really listened to or understood what I have said here. Prior to this coment I have remained calm and it is the arrogant know-it-alls who have disrespected me. I have repeatedly stated that I eat the foods I am able to eat -- nothing more or less. People such as you who have not carefully read what I have written then blame me for eating only what I am able to eat. This is a most ignorant statement and just one more reason I am closing my account here. If the site will not do this for me I will simply disable notifications. I was trying to be helpful here in warning others that the surgery is sometimes counterproductive. It was for me and two other people I know (and we three are the only ones I know who have had the procedure). This is information the medical industry does not seem to want publicized and it has meant with arrogant, disrespectful, and ignorant comments on this site. This is absolutely the last I will say here and I will immediately disable notices while I wait for the site to inform as to how to completely remove my account. 

Grim_Traveller
on 7/22/15 11:46 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Some people are idiots, and just don't get it. They ask for help, deny the actual problem, and refuse good advice.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

ABair
on 7/22/15 12:16 pm
VSG on 01/14/15

You asked to help, and people were responding.  You have to keep trying things, just because it didn't work well the first time, doesn't mean it will always be that way.  How about eggs?  Low fat cheese? Tuna fish, mixed with low fat mayonnaise?  Greek Yogurt? Ricotta Cheese? I understand your frustrated, but it appears that you really don't want help as much as to complain.

Lisa 

Hislady
on 7/22/15 3:26 pm - Vancouver, WA

All I can say is I know people from several different sites with the sleeve and only know of 2 that didn't care for their sleeves, they worked and lost the weight but just didn't care for things about the way they felt. I can honestly say that 98% of people I know with sleeves are very happy with them and if they don't lose they admit that it is their not sticking to the eating plan that is the problem not the sleeve. You could possibly both have strictures I suppose if the same surgeon did the surgeries I imagine there could be something in his technique that makes them more prone to strictures but it would be very odd for both of you to have them at the same time. Gall bladder can also cause problems without many actual symptoms or even evidence of GB issues by the tests but it improves after removal.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 7/22/15 8:47 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

Not sure why any of the vets are trying to help this guy?  He doesn't want help.  He would like you to confirm that he is a victim and it isn't his fault that he is unhealthy and morbidly obese.  I just wonder who was at fault before he had surgery?

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Zee Starrlite
on 10/22/15 12:05 pm

I call bull****! Complications! You and your wife and a friend have all of the same symptoms? Maybe it's the water.

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 870 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8468 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9033 views
I want it reversed!
fatfifty · 8 replies · 11007 views