Fibromyalgia

NeedHelp
on 7/17/07 1:21 am - Rockford, IL
Wow, what an impressive testimony.  I never had any thought about it being viral.  I will research that further.  So happy for your excellent results. Kim M.
Sharen L.
on 9/15/07 5:01 am - Des Moines, IA
Hi Kim, I have FMS too. I had alot of health problems...I went to a Dr. in St. Louis and he said that I had mercury toxicity. I went to a dentist he referred me to, he removed all of my mercury and 95% of my symptoms disappeared. I am having hip and leg pain since the RNY, but I think it is related to the lack of protein-water-and vitamins. I am taking all of them, but some days I don't get the 60 grams in! If you want more info on the dr. just email me. Sharen in Iowa
Terrijean
on 9/23/07 8:42 am - Glasgow, KY
I have had fibromyalgia for over 5 yrs now.  I see a rheumatologist who is wonderful.  He has been great in trying new pain management.  Right now I take wellbutrin, amitrptyline hcl, flexeril, and cymbalta and lortab as needed.  The combination has seemed to help me.   I tried pt and it didn't help for me.  The flexeril and amitryptyline helps alot with sleep though!  I am pre-op for rny scheduled for 9-25-07, and I am a little nervous about the pain management.
NoniOhio
on 11/13/07 7:41 am - Xenia, OH
I was diagnosed with fibro in 1986. I have tried so many different kinds of meds that it makes my head spin (literally). I began treatment for my fibro by going to see a physical therapist that specialized in fibromyalgia. She helped me get to the point of beginning to exercise - SLOWLY. Once I made it part of my routine (which took years) - my fibro didn't hurt so bad. The kind of meds that I have to manage my fibro: At night - to help me sleep - Vicodin (pain relief) and zanaflex (muscle relaxer). Morning - Celebrex (I also have osteoarthritis). I've tried all of the neuro pills (Lyrica, Neurontin, and other anticonvulsants), I've also tried other pain meds (Ultram worked for a while). I can't take anything that hurts the stomach (like Flexoril and other NSAIDS). If you have any other questions - let me know. I hope you find what works for you.

NoniOhio
NeedHelp
on 11/13/07 9:43 am - Rockford, IL
Thank you for giving me ideas about your Fibro treatment. What difficulties did you have with Neurontin. I am trying to take that, but not so sure I want to continue. I do take Ultram. How long will that last.  I start a physical therapist this week.  I am glad to hear that might help.  I appreciate your input.  Oh yes, one more thing, why can't you take flexeril.  My doc prescribed it, but it makes me feel like I am still on it by morning even when I take it the night before for sleeping. Thanks, Kim M.
NoniOhio
on 11/14/07 7:29 pm - Xenia, OH
I forgot to mention that I also have cluster headaches - and a lot of anti-seizure meds are supposed to help relieve the pain of fibro and cluster headaches - so I think I tried almost all of them. Some of the anti-seizure meds (like Lyrica & Neurontin) didn't make a difference in my pain levels. Others (like Topamax, Topiril and Depakote) made my head feel funny - like there was cotton in it, or they caused me to be forgetful. My doctor's also tried me on Cymbalta - which is an SSNRI anti-depressant that is supposed to relieve pain associated with depression. That didn't work for me either. I just felt more depressed - and had to stop that. I was taking Ultram as often as my prescription required (I don't remember how many hours apart I could take the meds - but I could feel my pain return before the next pill was due). After I finished my physical therapy and got into a regular exercise routine - I didn't need Ultram during the day. If I had any daytime pain, I was able to manage it with OTC Tylenol. I only needed a stronger pain med before going to bed at night. As for Flexeril - I made a mistake in the name. It's not an NSAID - so please ignore what I wrote about it in my last post. Flexeril is a great muscle relaxer!  I don't remember why my doctors switched me from Flexeril to Zanaflex - but they're both the same type of medication - and they both have generic equivalents that are inexpensive. If the Flexeril works for you - then I'd say keep taking it! The one thing that I really would like to emphasize - exercise has been the biggest pain reliever of all for me. If you are able to start exercising - start off easy and gentle - and very slowly build up. I was fortunate that my husband's insurance paid for physical therapy. The PT was able to tell me how to exercise - and when to increase.

NoniOhio
(deactivated member)
on 9/2/10 7:26 pm - Guilin, XX
some of my friends are like you have Fibromyalgia,then they tryed other treatment ,such as Tuina,the disease has reduce  a lot .
Most Active
Recent Topics
Bone Density Low
nesterpoe · 0 replies · 98 views
Intense knee pain?
Nknerr · 1 replies · 2334 views
Butrans patch
mermaidoz · 5 replies · 3541 views
Exercise where to start???
fiercebynature · 4 replies · 4805 views