Hi I had a stomach stapl...

Christine P.
on 7/2/04 1:17 am - Keene, NH
Hi, I posted back in Feb. about having revision surgery. I am happy to say that I am scheduled for July 27th at the Catholic Medical Center in Manchester NH. I am now waiting for my insurance approval. I will feel a lot better when I hear from them. If all goes well, then I can start my new life. I read a lot of profiles and so many people have had such great results, I want to be one of you! This will be the first revision for my surgeon. At first I was a little nervous about that, but I feel okay with it now. She has been doing WLS surgery for about 3 years and does most laposcopicly. I have had to have a lot of tests and she has done several consults with other surgeons and has come up with a plan to perform the surgery. Of course, she will not know exactly what she is dealing with until she gets in there to see what condition my stomach is in. I just have to trust she knows what she is doing. She seems to be extra cautious and I like that. She said that she is going to use a stronger staple and they over sew them. She is going to leave a tube in the lower part of my stoma*****ase there is any problem. She said that I could be feed through the tube if there were any problems with my pouch. Although I don't like the idea of the tube being in my side for 6 weeks, I will do anything to make this work. Wish me luck.
Most Active