Hello.....anybody home?

TeresaR
on 11/2/09 2:48 am - Five Points, AL
Melissa,
20  yrs ago due to cir****tances beyond my control i had 2 quit riding.  Was devastating 2 me I continued riding for about a yr learning to jump taking lessons----just not the sameashaving my own horse.  I eventually had to quit even being around horses because it would bring on severe depression lasting for many days.  My only comfort became food, then my parents died 11 months apart.  Once again my only comfort was food  i steadily gained wt with my top wt being 299 lbs.  I am very small boned and have asthma, I could not walk or even move comfortably.  Christmas, 2 yrs ago my son bought me 2 horses for Christmas and then another one the following summer.  I had real fears because I was sooooo unbalanced prior to surgery, I bounced along even on my gaited horses like a sack of potatoes, it was not a pretty sight to say the least.   With every pound I lose, my confidence grows, my riding improves, and I am happier.  Make sure u are ready 2 change because after surgery u cannot change ur mind.  I have lost my best friend  comfort foods, but have gained my favorite activity.  Just b sure this new lifestyle is 4 u because the changes r not small, they r for life!
TeresaR
TeresaR                
Melissa1965
on 11/2/09 3:05 am
Thanks again Teresa

Oh yea..I have been on this journey for a year. I know what is coming my way. I am so sorry you went through so many years of depression. Your son sounds like a jewel!

I know it's a huge life altering decision but I am ready to start my new life.
Cowgirl81
on 7/10/12 2:30 pm
I can totally relate ... I dont feel balanced or look good any more in the saddle.... I now only ride when I have to move cows when we are short handed....... I cant wait to ride every day again! Its nice to know I am not the only one... Thank you all for posting here I am glad to have found it =)

Cowgirl81
eljayem
on 11/14/09 6:21 pm
The confidence thing is amazing.  I used to think that I didn't ride because I was busy, or had a young son, or was even afraid - now I see it was all from being fat and uncomfortable and yes, afraid, because it was so hard to balance all that fat up there.  I sure am loving riding now!
Eljay

While the weight loss is easier with surgery, the lifestyle is harder.
Most Active
Recent Topics
New to the Horse Forum
doloresd · 2 replies · 619 views
after a fall ?
chubbychic3 · 1 replies · 420 views
10 miles
eljayem · 2 replies · 450 views