(deactivated member)
on 1/14/11 11:21 am
snoozing61
on 1/14/11 11:51 am - Apache Junction, AZ
Count me in!!!  Love my band.  I am off ALL of my medications.  That makes the whole worth it.  Besides losing 83 pounds in less time than I thought possible.  Not to mention cleaning out my closet 3 times already.  PLUS buying new clothes!!!!  WOOHOO!!!  I am trying to be smart about the buying clothes.  I shop at the Thrift store, will wait until I reach my goal before I do the major wardrobe overhaul.  Between Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years AND that T.O.M. I only gained 5 pounds. Would usually gain this amount once a month.  In years past that would of been enough to totally throw me right back into the yo-yo dieting cycle.  Not this time.  One week later, those 5 pounds are gone already.  UNBELIEVABLE.  Positive thinking promotes positive actions. 

highest WT: 364#s (05/10); pre-op: 314#s(08/10); current: 292#s (11/10); Christmas goal: 279#'s; "happy" goal: 190#s; ultimate goal: 164#s 
ariasinger
on 1/14/11 12:34 pm - Sumner, WA
Count me in too!  Polyanna is my middle name.
I love my band.  Not at goal yet, but off all meds except cholesterol (inherited form).  Diabetes gone.  Sleep apnea gone.  Hypertension gone.  Great pressure relief off my bad knee.  No longer feel self conscious around others.  Able to do what I want to do without my body getting in the way.  Can shop in regular stores!  Just all around healthier and happier.  Also, met some wonderful people who share this journey with me!

Cindy

(deactivated member)
on 1/15/11 10:01 am - Savannah, TN
Count me in

I my band.  

Off my Cholesterol med already!

It just keeps  getting better!  
nettie922
on 1/15/11 2:07 pm

I too want to join the Pollyanna Club.  We are here to help and support each other, in our own lap band journey. 

Hi, I am back & will be needing support.  My revision surgery is on Friday.  I had the lap band for over five years.  I learned how to eat around it.  I am almost back to square one with my weight.  I was a failure.  There's no turning back, this time.  I want to be successful !  I am on my pre op diet and have not cheated, so that is good for me.  Wish me luck getting to the losers bench, this time  around !!
Jean M.
on 1/15/11 9:27 pm
Revision on 08/16/12
Wow, Kate. The response to this thread does my heart good. Thanks for posting it!

This won't surprise anyone, but I'll mention it anyway: I LOVE MY BAND!

Jean
Founding Mother of the Pollyanna Club

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

ZCTMMOM
on 1/16/11 12:01 am

I am excited about getting my band,.....on Jan 19th...for some of the same resons that people eventually don't like it. I must be WEIRD!! LOL! I am doing it because it is a behaviour modification TOOL....I HAVE to make changes in how I deal with stress...or I will have real, physical consequences....

I do not need to malabsorb to learn lessons....I look forward to being positive and optimistic with everyone!

katieem
on 1/16/11 11:19 am - Central Coast, CA
Better late than... well, let's just say I'm in.  Yay for Pollyanna!

Katie
Most Active