Lap- Band Please Help Mexico

Rosie514
on 6/8/11 4:05 am - FL
Hi Darlis,

Thank you for your response.  I am not choosing Dr. Almanza I just read something about him that I didn't like so now I am still checking into Dr. Ortiz and Joya.  Dr. Joya is much more money but all I've heard is great things.  I am even looking into going to Venezuela because I have a friend that is a doctor there. She is looking into a great doctor for me.

I am still worried about the fills here Florida.  Do you have a doctor already?
What is a Gastric Plication?  Please explain...Thank you and please keep me posted  Good luck

Rosie
Rosie514
on 6/8/11 4:09 am - FL
Hi Girls,

Thank you for all the information.  I am going with her and staying in the hospital with her.  I do plan to stay 24/7 with her in case anything, which I hope and pray nothing will go wrong.
(deactivated member)
on 6/8/11 4:39 am, edited 6/8/11 4:40 am - San Diego, CA
Hi Rosie - I think that is a great idea. I was SO thankful to have my Mom right by my side the entire time. Especially being in a foreign environment and the first 24 hours are rough.

Best of luck to you! You are a GREAT mother for taking the time to be so proactive in your daughter's surgery. Be sure to confirm they have accomodations for you to stay with her so you are comfortable too. :)

=Lisa=

(deactivated member)
on 6/8/11 6:06 am - New Westminster, Canada
Lisa thanks for sharing your pics, you are such an inspiration!  
(deactivated member)
on 6/8/11 5:10 am - New Westminster, Canada
It is pretty hard to get fills here in Canada, that is why the gastric plication is what I am going to do now.   I see that some people have got the lapband removed and gone this route instead.  Apparently the band can slip and then the fills can't be done.....

The gastric plication is where they simply fold your stomach in half and sew it.
So now you have a smaller stomach.

They do not cut any part of your stomach off because the stomach contains important functions that you want to keep.

Also the procedure is reversible since the stiches stay in.

People are having excellent results with this procedure, it has been done for years in Europe, but is pretty new here.  

I read the same thing about Dr. Almanza, but also read that it was some other Dr.'s secretary spreading the news.........just keep looking.
I have done alot of research.....
I will check to see is who Dr. Joya is.........Dr. Ortiz looks fantasic if you can afford it...... go for it...

If I had the money I'd be booked already.......if anyone is interested in getting this done but has no one to go through it wish, just contact me..........we could do it together.......

Rosie514
on 6/8/11 5:14 am - FL
Hi again

we are thinking of going next month not sure but my chocie reminds with Dr. Ortiz or Joya.  If you want to come with let me know.  Thanks What is the price for the  Gastric Plication.  Thanks for all the info going to look into it also. 
(deactivated member)
on 6/8/11 5:31 am - New Westminster, Canada
I was quoted for Gastric Plication  $7500.00 with  Dr. Ortiz and $4500.00 with Dr. Mario Almanza.
Rosie514
on 6/8/11 11:26 am - FL
Thank you ! Thank you ! All... Yes there is a place in Texas for 9,900.00 for the Lap-band I called.  The lady was very very nice she gave me numbers to call in the Orlando area.  I started calling around and Dr. Grossbard called me back and told me that he had the Lap-band done by Dr. Ortiz in Mexico in 2002.  He stated that Dr. Ortiz is one of the best and has trained many doctors in the U.S. on the Lap band, etc....

I am calling his office tomorrow (due to he called after hours) to make the appointment to see him in person.  He has a special for 8,999 for people paying in cash... Love, Love that

I did my research and found Dr. Grossbard to be an excellent doctor.  I even call other doctors in area and out of the area and they had nothing but good things to say.  I'm very happy... Jumping for joy!!!!
  Now we have to come up with 3000 to have it done here (Orlando) but I am still open to TJ Mexico after hearing that Dr. Ortiz did his Lap-band....

God has answered my prayers I wanted to find someone that Dr. Ortiz has done surgery on that I can see with my own eyes and speak to him in person.

I will also ask him about Dr. Almanza too & let you know.

I will keep posting after my appointment.

Thank you all again...
Rosie514
on 7/4/11 10:29 am - FL
Hello Everyone,

Today is 4th of Jul and in Mexico with my daughter after all the research we dedicded to go with Dr. Ortiz.  She will be band tomorrow... God be with her...

Thanks for all the support
Rosie514
on 7/8/11 4:18 pm - FL
Thank you for the info my daugther got the lap band with Dr Ortiz and she has lost 22 pounds already. I am so proud of her. It is hard on her cause as much as she wants to eat a hamburgers she knows she can't. Well she has 40 more to go. She wants to lose 20 by Christmas.
Most Active