Saw my Doctor today.... Shoulder pain ...Not happy..............

Kate -True Brit
on 3/8/13 5:27 pm - UK

Shout, scream, yell! You are being treated appallingly. Left shoulder pain is a known side effect, both as a minor irritant post-op and as a problem that needs urgent attention later on. If our doc does not know this he is out of touch and therefore incompetent.

I don't understand the US system so can't suggest what to do. But something MUST be done!

Best wishes, Kate.

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

giants21
on 3/8/13 10:43 pm
I'm so sorry you are going through this please get another doctor maybe someone can suggest someone in your area. I'm in Nj so unfortunately I can not help you
SIENAK45
on 3/10/13 3:50 am - BOZEMAN, MT

I was banded 3 years ago and lost 90 pounds in a year, Felt very heathy for the first time in my life. but then the pain started. I  have had the band re-adjusted and told there is nothing wrong, I have had over 35 steroid and other shots and procedures, I have decided to get my band out which is very sad to me. i went to Great Falls and having nothing but great things to say about  the docs there, Some how they  say it is not related but that is the only thing left it could be, I have been on pain meds for 2 years and want my life back, I am sad , but I THOUGHT I was crazy no one ever said they had this same pain with lap band, Thanks all

Nic M
on 3/10/13 4:05 am

It's been ten years since I got a band. If I could only describe how many times I've heard people say, "my doctor says it's not band related."  The band's presence causes the nerves that run from the base of the skull down into the stomach to react... and you get the referred left shoulder pain. It's a very common effect of gastric banding.

I also had steroid injections and other procedures, none of which helped in the slightest. All they did was help me accumulate medical bills at an alarming rate.

I am sorry you're going through this... you're certainly NOT alone in it.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Most Active