One year with the band...

DonnaMaria
on 9/14/07 5:55 am, edited 9/14/07 8:06 am
What I know: I would have surgery once a month to keep my band. If you have to ask if you are too tight you already are. The first 60 lbs is easy after that some dieting is required. You need a sense of humor with the band. There is no such thing as perfect restriciton. A Soft spot is on top of a babies head. My nose runs when its time to stop eating. If you get stuck bending over and touching your knees a couple times really helps. I am not scared of gaining my weight back because the band keeps me in line! I am the luckiest woman alive being able to loose 85 lbs. this year. Thank you to all who have supported me!

MEMALT
on 9/14/07 6:02 am - Denver, CO
Congratulations Donna!!  Great post~so true :) Keep it up girlfriend!! Your Secret Santa :) (Wow that was 9 months ago!) Mary

Mary M (memalt)
226/148/142    "Re-start" Wt= 170  Current Wt= 164
pre/lowest/goal  "Haloween Hotties" goal= 160

DonnaMaria
on 9/14/07 11:15 am
beccakevinmom
on 9/14/07 6:03 am - wallingford, CT
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!  And thank you for the words of wisdom - I don't have good restriction yet so I have been dieting - but I am hoping the next one will help!!!  Keep up the good work. Deirdre

267/258/223.9 Turkey Day Challenge 15 pounds minus 2.1lbs
Highest/Surgery/Current

Jean B.
on 9/14/07 6:19 am - St. Paul, MN
Happy one year anniversay, Donna! 85 lbs. in a year is great! You must feel so much better. Thanks for sharing your success. Jean B.

267/237/171/149      1st nurse's visit/surgery/current/goal
down 66 lbs. since surgery; 96 lbs. total

maryh5
on 9/14/07 6:19 am - northeast, KS
Congrats on your year.  I love these posts from the more experience bandster, you inspire us not so experienced bandsters to keep going and one day I will make a post like this....Mary
lyndee
on 9/14/07 6:21 am
Happy Bandiversary!!!! Congratulations on your weight loss!!! Lyndee

The opinions expressed by Lyndee are for entertainment purposes only. If I have offended anyone, I apologize. This includes, but is not limited to, the moderators, members of PETA, all unions, liberals, conservatives, SAHMs, WAHMs, gays, whites, blacks, mexicans, asians, jews, christians, agnostics, atheists, buddhists and all other religions, the mentally challenged, witches, bitches, the truly stupid and anyone or anything else I may have forgotten. Thank you!

jewels_is_melting
on 9/14/07 6:23 am - Littleton, CO
What an awesome post!  You are doing GREAT!! 
Sharon T.
on 9/14/07 6:25 am - Southern , WI
HAPPY BANDIVERSARY, Donna! You've done a GREAT job, and have a GREAT sense of humor! ha thth1congratsroses.gif Congratulations image by Amoritia

At goal, 155 bs. Started at 290. 7 years out! WAHOO~ 

StellaBlue
on 9/14/07 6:49 am - NW, OR
Congrats Donna!  You've done sooo well, what an inspiration you are :)  Keep on working your band, cheers to many more successful years ahead! Happy dance for you!

Katherine

Most Active