Only LPN?

kitty1000
on 7/12/04 10:58 am - BOONVILLE, IN
HI, I'M AN LPN FROM BOONVILLE,IN. IN THE PROCESS OF GETTING MY PRE-EXAM, BLOODWORK ETC FOR MY WLS--BRENDA BYERS
Donna P.
on 7/14/04 11:21 am - Carterville, IL
welcome. Good luck to you. Donna
TNkelligirl
on 7/15/04 10:00 am - LaVergne, TN
Nope, I just didn't realise this board was here. I'm an LPN in Nashville and am waiting for my doc's office to submit the papers to insurance for approval. Good luck all.
Donna P.
on 7/15/04 11:03 pm - Carterville, IL
Welcome to the board and good luck on your surgery. I am 3 months post op and down 64 lbs! Best thing I've ever done! Donna
Debbie F.
on 8/22/04 3:38 pm - Dothan, AL
Just thought I would sign in too. Been an LPN for 19yrs and just started back to school to get my RN degree. Waiting too have WLS if everything goes well. Still in the pre stage, see the dietician and physical therapy folks tomorrow and have the psych. eval in Sept. Just wi**** wouldn't take so long to get everything done. Can't wait to be a loser. God Bless Debbie Dothan,Al
Donna P.
on 8/22/04 11:53 pm - Carterville, IL
Debbie, Good for you! I want to go back for my RN so bad! Just have a lot of obstacles in my way at the moment. Maybe someday. I had my surgery on April 15th, 2004 and as of today I am down 79 lbs! I went shopping for some clothes over the weekend and had to get size 16 down from a 26! That's the smallest size I've worn in probably 12 years or more! I couldn't be happier! Anyway, welcome to the board and best of luck to you! Donna Polston
Debbie F.
on 8/23/04 3:35 pm - Dothan, AL
Thanks Donna I will need all the good luck I can get with all this school stuff. Glad to hear tht your WLS has gone well. I'm still jumping through all the hoops in order to hopefully get approved for the surgery. LOL. I didn't realize how much time could pass before you could even get an approval. But I have another appt. tomorrow as I said before so maybe it will put me a little closer. Good luck to you too and have fun shopping for a change. I used to love to shop but now I hate it because I can't wear some of the cute things that are out. Can't wait till I can shop again. Debbie
Barbara M.
on 10/12/04 5:21 am - Clayton, NC
I am a LPN of 37 years and I had a open revision RNY on 7/12/04 and have lost 70 pounds....I am glad to know there are others out there with the same career as I have....
Susan N.
on 4/22/05 10:39 pm - Brick, NJ
Hi Donna I'm a LPN working in Long term and subacute rehab in NJ. I just got my consultation date for April 26th. My friend had her surgery about 3 wks ago. I know my insurance company covers the surgery. I attempted WLS 2yrs ago but the insurance I had then(cigna) told me 2 wks till surgery they would not pay. I went through 8 month of psychothearpy as well as group meetings. I hope this goes better...I'm glad you are doing so well If you get a chance, email me.Sue P.S. LPN's are only LPN's? we are the Rn's backbone sometimes they forget that.They also forget how much clinnical expirence we have prior to graduation...It's funny because the LPN's are orientating the Rn's espically in the nursing homes..Hope to speak with you soon..Sue
~Miss Dolly~
on 7/5/05 11:54 am - Somewhere on the beach, FL
Hi I am an LPN liscensed in WV and VA. Currently I am working in rehab, my previous job was home health and for many years I worked telemetry. I have been an LPN for 16 years and am currently taking classes to get my BSN. Teresa
Most Active
Recent Topics
LPN needing support
pennywardell12047 · 0 replies · 261 views
Graduate in December!!
janice2007 · 0 replies · 346 views
Surgery date!!!!
Annie1965 · 0 replies · 326 views
LPN to BSN ?
deniseiannucci · 1 replies · 658 views
LONGING TO BE! :)
SBATTLE · 0 replies · 384 views