Hamilton/Burlington WLS Support Meeting

Linda G.
on 3/21/12 9:18 am - Burlington, Canada
And I'm hoping you can make it too!  The more the merrier! 
Pat-60
on 3/20/12 10:53 am
Hi Linda,  I'm hoping to come was away for the last 2.  Maybe some people will want to do lunch after.
Nov 29/10   Referred to St Josephs Hamilton
Dec 6/10    Orientation
Mar 9/11     Nurse, Dietician & Social Worker
Mar 31/11   Internest
May 26/11  Surgeon & pre-surgery class
JULY 11/11  VSG, hernia repair by  Dr Mehran Anvari
Linda G.
on 3/21/12 9:20 am - Burlington, Canada

Glad to hear you will be joining us again!  There are usually a few takers for a Saturday lunch out!  See you then.

Jackie P.
on 3/20/12 11:06 am - Hamilton, Canada
VSG on 04/10/13
 Never been to a meeting before. What kind of stuff do you talk about? I haven't had surgery yet. Still useful for me?
Linda G.
on 3/21/12 9:27 am - Burlington, Canada
Hi There,

We generally do an introduction and people can share where they are in the process.  Post - op, pre-op, type of surgery, pounds lost, ect.  As a pre-op, these meetings give you an opportunity to meet people who have had surgery and you can ask questions that may be on your mind.  I attented group meetings for a year prior to having my surgery and found them extremely useful in making my decision to move forward with surgery.  As we are a relativley new group we do not have a lot of structure to  our meetings yet.  We're still small and informal. 

Come out and meet us!  We're a friendly bunch!
vanBee
on 3/20/12 1:08 pm - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 07/25/12
anyone oposed to me bringing children?

I have 3 of my little cousins for the whole weekend (3 boys, 3, 6 and 9) good boys, but I wont be able to make it unless I can bring them.
Linda G.
on 3/21/12 9:32 am - Burlington, Canada
I have no objection as long as you can bring stuff to keep them occupied for 2 hours.  Preferably quiet activities.  I know keeping 3 boys quiet for 2 hours is next to impossible but as long as no one else has any objections bring them along.  We can set them up in a corner of the conference room so they can have thier own play area.  It's a fair sized room.

See you there!
Most Active
Recent Topics