What are you eating/doing today? (Thursday)

Dianadcr
on 4/11/12 11:00 pm - Canada
Maybe a bit of both, but more the optimism eh?
  Diana

Karen M.
on 4/11/12 11:27 pm - Mississauga, Canada
We've obviously never met in person. LOL

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

NervousNelly57
on 4/11/12 11:01 pm - Guelph, Canada
Good morning everyone.

Yesterday's food plan went pretty well.  Avoided most carbs except for the nutritious and/or medicinal ones (eg. berries, prunes, quinoa/oatmeal in meatloaf).  I got in LOTS of protein, maybe too much (approx 120g), so I have to find the right balance today.

Looking forward to getting a massage after work today - aaaaaaahhhhh...

B - 1/2 c Fibre One with 1/4 c 1% milk

S - 1/2 c ff cottage cheese with 3/4 c berries and 1 tb NSA rasp jam

L - Premier shake (mmmmm!)

S - 1 or 2 light babybel with 1 or 2 prunes

D - leftover meatloaf (also mmmmm!)

S - either 1/2 protein bar or another shake, both of which have similar calories (145 vs 160, I think)

1 or 2 coffees and 2 l. water, maybe with some Crystal Lite or Nestea flavouring in them...

Have a good day everyone!

Sharon

Gabygee
on 4/11/12 11:11 pm - Canada
Morning all.

Cold but sunny in the Big Smoke today.
Got a *****illed on my walk in to work today (it's 1 km from the bus stop).

Running again tonight - last night's run was really tough, as I had just dumped an hour earlier.
Shouldn't have gone out ... I couldn't keep up at all, and dragging myself through the 5 km was all I could accomplish. Zonked and in bed by 9 pm

B - bowl of oat cereal w 1/2 banana, LAAAARRRGE coffee
 S - 1% cottage cheese SF applesauce and bran buds
 L - 2 turkey pepperettes, 2 crackers
 S - 1 pear, 1 babybel, mint tea
 D - homemade shepherd's pie

Vitamins in, water still to come.

ToNewBeginnings
on 4/11/12 11:21 pm
Ha ha...good to see you have a lot of (mmmmmmmm) foods in there!

Karen M.
on 4/11/12 11:26 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Way to go Sharon!  I KNEW you could get back on track! 

Karen

NervousNelly57
on 4/12/12 1:15 am - Guelph, Canada
Thank you for  your faith in me, Karen!

I'm quick to get angy with myself when I stray, but I have to remind myself that most of the time I stick to the plan. 

In my pre-op life I ate a lot of bread, pasta, rice, etc, like almost every meal, but I don't think I've had more than 2 slices of non-low-carb bread since surgery, and only 3 (tiny) servings of regular pasta (the first of which came right back up), and almost no rice (maybe 2 tbs?).  I pretty much keep to the 90-10 rule (eat according to the plan 90% of the time).

I'm nervous about the weigh-in at the clinic tomorrow because I'm only down 9.5 lb since the last visit.  The surgeon warned me that because of my age (old) and my height (short) and my activity level (limited due to arthritis w/o nsaids), I should not expect to lose as quickly as my young, tall, active counterparts.  He also said that I might only reach 200, which would still be better than my pre-optifast weight (277).  In that case, I'm only 32 lbs away from one-derland!

Gotta focus on the positive, right!

s

Karen M.
on 4/12/12 1:20 am - Mississauga, Canada
Sharon, we ate identically pre-op! lol  I loved my bread and pasta etc etc etc.

Don't worry about the weigh-in! 9.5 pounds DOWN is better than going the other way, yes?  Be patient with yourself and yes, definitely focus on the positive :)

Karen

350Ann180
on 4/12/12 4:18 am - St. Williams, Canada
VSG on 05/02/12
I think alot of us ate Carb Heavy pre surgery - I am finding that to be a difficult change for me.  I am amazed at how they creep up on you.  I had some LF Oatmeal muffins earlier this week and just about **** when I found out the carb count (afterwards!). 

I was so disappointed in myself - but I chaulked it up to a learning experience.  After all these years of dieting and working out and I think I have finally found my problem is carbs.  Who knew?  Now I do and hopfully it will be THE change I need to rock this surgery!

Keep up the good work Sharon - you are doing fine - coming clean with your eating, tracking and making the changes needed - that is what it is all about.

350Ann180
on 4/11/12 11:06 pm - St. Williams, Canada
VSG on 05/02/12
Hey - any of you bikers out there coming to Port Dover tomorrow for Friday the 13th?  I live about 20 min from there..... They are expecting about 70,000 bikers tomorrow....

Most Active
Recent Topics