1 yr follow-up, some unexpected advice?!

Moselle
on 4/23/12 8:30 am - Athens, Canada
 Hi Claire,

I have adjusted my calories to between 1200-1400 a day. I shoot for 90 - 120g of protein a day and about 135g of carbs (mostly from veggies and fruit) 20g fibre, 30g fat.

It's not easy to find the right mix. I wish you both good luck in making the changes necessary to maintain. I worry about the regain once the "honeymoon" phase ends. I plan to stay within the 5lb range that I'm currently in and to make sure that I don't bounce out of my range. If I start to see the scale move out of that range then I'll drop my calories back down until I'm back inside my range.  

Please let me know how you both do with the switch to maintenance. All the best, Muriel

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

CanDoItFour
on 4/23/12 9:01 am - Canada
Hi Muriel

Thanks so VERY much for this input! 

Here's to Phase II (as I think of it).  All the best to you as well.

Best regards
Claire
happypants
on 4/22/12 7:24 am - Ottawa, Canada
Karen congrats on your success!! You look fantastic BTW  I think if I was in your position I would stop losing weight when I felt comfortable, we know our bodies and know what is right for us.
At my appointment the APN said that if I didn't lose anymore weight she would be completely thrilled with my success, I weigh 164 lbs and am 5"7. 
I am not happy with this weight and hope to lose another 14-18 lbs. Not sure if this is attainable but I am going to try. Like you I want the "wiggle room" also. 

About the carbs. I think if it where me I would continue doing what you are doing until you are in maintenance mode. I plan to avoid the "white"  in my diet for life when possible because they are crap foods anyway and focus on the good carbs, whole grains etc

following your own intuition is always best, that inner voice knows best

Take care
Ann

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

PaulaToronto
on 4/23/12 5:20 am - Toronto, Canada
I would add carbs very slowly and track what happens to your weight.  So maybe add 50 per day for a week or two and see if you see a difference.

Since I am diabetic I notice a weight gain immediately. I am very carb sensitive.  So when I get to maintenance I will add an even smaller amount to find out my sweet spot.

Personally I don't see a problem with being at mid range of the normal BMI. Why were they so anxious that you not lose any more?  Maybe most people continue to lose during the first part of maintenance?  I don't know.

Do what feels best for you without overdoing it of course.

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

Most Active
Recent Topics