low blood pressure and passing out

Niki L.
on 1/12/13 11:13 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/15/12
I went from too high to to low when my Dr last took it it was 71/39 it is nuts my poor body dont know what is going on

(deactivated member)
on 1/12/13 11:18 pm - Oshawa, ON, Canada
VSG on 01/28/13
This sucks I'm sorry you're dealing with this too. I hope it figure itself out soon.
dna
on 1/12/13 11:22 pm - Canada

It is scary.  I seem to be phasing out of it but standing and not knowing if you will be in the next few seconds while the world greys is not fun !

My iron was/is really low.  They seem to think that has something to do with it ?

I hope you come out of it soon ! 

Referral:  August 2011  Information session:  November 2011
Nut/Psych/SW: Spring 2012  Surgeon Meet:  July 6, 2012  Surgery: August 30, 2012

mermaidz
on 1/13/13 12:37 am - Brampton, Canada

If I may ladies?

If you "think" you are going to pass out,,,,,PLEASE sit down right away

Why? from standing height you can do more damage if you hit the floor than you can if you are already sitting down on it. Trust me.. Please... even if you are somewhere public.

Is this your family Dr telling you to up your salt intake or your family Dr?

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

Laura H.
on 1/13/13 2:34 am - Canada

I have it too.  It started 1 month out for me and finally at 4 months out, I think it is getting better.  My sister's heart doctor explained that it was due to the rapid weight loss and everything trying to catch up.  I feel for you as the doctor did not allow me to exercise or walk while this was going on.

Laura H.

kellybelly333
on 1/13/13 2:48 am - Toronto, Canada

Oh gosh!! I hope it works itself out!! I am still on one last med for high blood pressure. LOL. IT's normal, and lower than normal, and I only take it three days a week, so i'm sure i'll be off it the next time I go to the doctor.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

sam1am
on 1/13/13 3:58 am

My family dr told my son to wiggle his feet a bit before standing, but I'm not sure why.  

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

tasha_the_dog
on 1/13/13 4:16 am - Thunder Bay, , Canada

I have it too.  My NUT. says to cut back on the caffeine and keep hydrated and yes increase my sodium too. I get the dizziness and stars when I squat and then rise up.  I have to ensure I have something to hold on to while rising and rise slowly.   I am a teacher and very often need to get to the floor level to talk to students who like to work in the hall or the floor of the classroom.  They have all been instructed to to get help if I ever fall over. LOL.  I do find that drinking more fluids does help.

Niki L.
on 1/13/13 4:19 am - Canada
RNY on 10/15/12
Wow so many of us have it i guess it is just part of us losing weight so fast hope everyone starts to feel better soon

Most Active
Recent Topics