surgeon

theadmin1
on 2/14/13 12:35 pm - Belleville , Canada

Glad to hear from some ladies who are going to Ottawa.  I still haven 't made up my mind... I live in Belleville and am told I can choose between Toronto or Ottawa.  My sister in law went to Toronto and has nothing but wonderful things to say about the surgeons there.  I am also told the wait time is shorter going to Toronto.. BUT hearing you ladies talk about Ottawa and getting an appointment so soon after your surgeon appointment is giving me a bit of hope.. I would like to go to Ottawa as I have family there and wouldn't be alone....

What was your wait time from your surgical orientation class and your surgical consultation?

My next appointment is Feb. 20 and I am hoping my surgical orientation class will be in early March.

Looking for feedback, advise, wisdom.....

thanks,

Teri

Wren1965
on 2/14/13 12:55 pm - Canada

My orientation class was in April of 2012, and then ...nothing.  For about 4 months. But patience paid off.  I had a whack load of tests that had to be completed between September and December and once they were finished, everything has gone really quickly.  I had the pre-op class on January 30th, met with the surgeon on February 12 and start Optifast tomorrow to prepare for surgery on March 8.  

Considering we were told at the orientation meeting in April of 2012 that we wouldn't even have a second appt until April of 2013, I'm pretty pleased and impressed with how fast things have gone. 

Good luck with your decision!

Highest Recorded Weight - 478 lbs, OptiFast Start Weight - 424, Surgery Weight - 406, Current Weight 318

theadmin1
on 2/15/13 11:26 am - Belleville , Canada

thanks....

Whow...things moved very fast or you.... that's great.

Are you  from Kingston and going to Ottawa for surgery or are you from the Ottawa area?

Wren1965
on 2/15/13 11:55 am - Canada

I'm living in Smiths Falls, so a little under an hour away from the Ottawa Civic.