What I have learned in my 6 years of this journey

Sunny123
on 2/27/13 5:44 am
RNY on 12/05/13

Thank you for sharing this!  I have a word document here on my computer that has some great sayings as far as motion etc.  This one is great and will be read and re-read anytime I am having a pitty party! 

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

jellyfishattack
on 2/27/13 7:17 am - Canada
RNY on 03/11/13

True words of wisdom there!

Jenn.  :)

1st appointment - Feb. 23rd, 2012. RNY Dr Cyriac Mar. 11th, 2013.

Shar eD
on 2/27/13 7:19 am

Wonderful posting.  This surgery is a gift for people (LIKE ME) who tried and tried to lose ... unsuccessfully.  It is a tremendous tool, but you must be compliant, no cheating and no shortcuts.  If you don't take your pills, etc. you'll lose hair, feel ill, have vitamin deficiencies and eventually regain your weight.  The supports and plan are there, the plan is clear and people have to commit to changing their relationship with food (which is ongoing).

I am so thankful after 7 months...and the journey continues. 

Megan M.
on 2/27/13 10:01 am - Canada
Wow, I could have used this a few months ago when I was every bad attitude referred to in this article. Congratulations on six successful years as well.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Onward and
Downward

on 2/27/13 10:20 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Thanks for posting that.  Definitely the kick in the butt that many of us need in some area or the other during this journey!  For me right now, it's the kick in the butt about the vitamins that I needed!  Well, I kicked my own butt a couple of weeks ago, but I can really relate to the "probation period is over" thing.  Yep.  I'm past three months now, and I've done very well so far, but there's definitely room for improvement on the vitamin front.  Time to get my you-know-what together. :)

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

gardeninggal
on 2/27/13 12:36 pm - Midland, Canada

Thank you for posting thisangry

Most Active
Recent Topics