Can anyone tell what the pre diet before surgery will be like

Arlio1207
on 3/14/13 4:24 am - Belleville , Canada
RNY on 04/04/13

Ok, so I went through Kingston and then HRRH. No one said a peep to me about not gaining any weight. Not the nurses, surgeon, or the dietician. They did want us to choice healthy life styles, exercise if we can , but never asked us to lose or maintain weight. Its really about being healthy, the weight loss is just a bonus. I was not told to diet, or that they would kick me out of the program if I gained a lb. I made healthy food choices and started to exercise when I can. I hope that you have a smooth journey and that the folks at Guelph understand you are human.  

Arlene enlightened

Referred June 26, 2012, Orientation Nov 7, Nurse Nov 19. Dietician and Psychologist Nov 21, Dietician #2 Jan 4, 2013, Final Nurse Jan 24, Meet surgeon Feb 20th, Pre Surgical class Mar 6th, Dr Glazier March 7, PATTS March 7, Surgery April 4th !!!!!

Puddle Jumper
on 3/17/13 9:13 am - Canada
RNY on 04/10/13

They will ask you to keep a food diary of your current eating habits. Then they will suggest that you follow Canada's Food Guide and will give you pointers on how to be successful. They are very helpful and will to talk to you via phone if you have questions. I have lost 70 lbs so far and have my surgery in April. Don't worry , just go in there knowing that they want you to succeed as much as you want to !

zillah
on 3/17/13 11:09 pm

Thanks for the info and congrats on your hard work.  Losing 70 lbs. is not easy to do.  It shows your really committed and that you will know how to lose and maintain your weight loss after you have your surgery. 

Most Active
Recent Topics