Cheap date! first adventures in a restaurant for social occasions

Dar_Mab
on 4/21/13 1:28 am - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

My philosophy is that just because I had WLS the world around me didn't stop and I don't want to stop either.  I enjoy the social outing with friends and family. I also enjoy the whole "different atmosphere" than home once in awhile and the idea that somebody else cooks on occasion.   With WLS I just have to be more mindful of what I can eat and the volumes. I happen to be cost conscious so I see it as added bonus and I am up for the challenge of figuring most economical way to eat what is healthy.

Dont get me wrong. Would I have loved to order some of the meals that others were ordering like I would have in the past?  Absolutely.  But I am committed to adopting the whole healthy lifestyle and want to blend the things I like to do with the food I am allowed to eat for the long term enjoyment of life.   

The way I see it I have two choices - go or not go to restaurants.  My husband and friends didn't have WLS and so I could just stay home but I don't want to.   I am determined to find a way to make WLS fit into my life

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

RenaDawn
on 4/22/13 4:48 am - Canada

Thanks for sharing your experience. Eating out after WLS is something I've been worried about. Its great to know we can make it work. And I love your attitude as well! "Just because I had WLS the world around me didn't stop and I don't want to stop either." Love that!!!!

Orientation June, 2013. Surgery May, 2014 at TWH with Dr. Jackson.
HW - 296  SW - 278 CW - 214

Melissa.M
on 4/20/13 5:56 am - Canada

Good for you. I'm glad you were still able to go out, eat, socialize and have a good time. it's nice to know some restaurants are accommodating.

Referral:Nov 14, 2012~~Orientation:Dec 14~~Nurse:Mar 26~~Abd Ultrsound:Apr 18~~Beh/Nut:May 9, 2013~~Surgery:Dec 12, 2013.

Jodi77
on 4/21/13 10:06 pm - Scarborough, Canada
RNY on 02/05/13

You did better then me!  I took hubby out for a birthday dinner at a Japanese place.  Had 2 sushi rolls, a few bites of Miso soup, and some beef teriyaki and a few bites of chicken off a skewer.  Tossed my cookies in the bathroom and took most of my dinner home and hubby ate it for lunch the next day!  LOL  The waiter put a little wine in my glass before I had time to say WHOA so I had a few sips and it went RIGHT to my head!  What an experience!  Hubby LOVED it though!  LOL

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...” 
 Dr. Seuss

Orientation: March 2012      Blah Blah Blah     Surgery:  February 5, 2013

Dar_Mab
on 4/22/13 2:59 am - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

Oh OH.... so wonder if it was the wine that made you sick or something in the food that disagreed with you?  sorry to hear about that. That is the exact experience I was worried about having. 

Dar

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

Jodi77
on 4/22/13 3:42 am - Scarborough, Canada
RNY on 02/05/13
Well sounds like you handled yourself much better! I will say, the throwing up isn't too bad. Not to be graphic, but things tend to come up neat and clean without too much feeling "ill". I just get it out and get on with the fun! Lol

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...” 
 Dr. Seuss

Orientation: March 2012      Blah Blah Blah     Surgery:  February 5, 2013

Most Active
Recent Topics