opti struggle

Karen M.
on 8/6/14 10:17 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Dawn, I just wish I could hug you. I knew that stopping Opti and then having to re-start would present issues for you - it would have for me too. You are having a "moment". Let yourself feel it in all of it's miserable ****ty-ness, curse the day it was invented, and then take a breath. You CAN do this. You did it a few weeks ago before you got side-railed by your surgeon's schedule. Take stock of why you're doing this, focus on the positive outcomes it will bring and get yourself focussed again. Now.

Love,

K. XO

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

dawn4511
on 8/6/14 10:56 pm - Niagara Falls, Canada
Karen your too smart for your own good lol. Your right went for a nice long walk last night and regrounded my thoughts. I agree it was a moment . Thanks so much for your support I'm thankful to have you in my corner. Your amazing.

10/18/07 RNY ( hw 305 sw 290 lw 189ish) St Joe's 08/14/14 RNY reversal to sleeve. I survived 3 leaks,4 operations and a feeding tube.

Karen M.
on 8/6/14 11:11 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I will always be in your corner - GO YOU.

xo

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Pegasus_AM
on 8/7/14 5:21 am

Maybe I have no place saying anything because I'm new to this whole process and am not even scheduled for surgery yet but in my opinion making a mistake is a human thing to do. I have read post after post after post and from what I have read Opti is really really hard. It's important to remember that we are food addicts and to just take someones food away is like leaving you to detox. I'm sure it's hard. I know I was reading a post from another member with the same problem so I'll tell you what I told her. 1. Try to break it down to one day at a time, don't think about as this many days just today. 2. celebrate each victory and give yourself a reward not food mind you something like a mani/pedi or a new something you have wanted 3. Do not beat yourself up about your bad choice. Acknowledge it feel bad for a minute or two and then let it go move on you can't take it back you can only do better next time. 4, Believe in yourself you can do this. We believe in you 5. Continue with your therapy in the end it's the only way to sort out your issues with food. Good-Luck I know you can do it :-) !!!!!!!!

Referral May 14th/14, HRRH Orientation Aug/18th/14, Surgeon (Dr.Starr) Appt Nov/28th/14, Clinic Nurse,Social Worker, Dietitian Dec/15th/14, Dr.Glazer Feb/5th/15, OptiFast Feb/16th/15, PATTS Feb/17th/15, Surgery March 2nd/15 HW 230, SW 202, CW 130

NewMe2.0
on 8/7/14 5:44 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 05/20/14

Hello.  Your posts concern me a bit.  I see you are a revision, so you have been down this road before.  I also see that you wrote that you dump and that doesn't stop you from eating the wrong things.  I do not know you, or your situation, so I do not know why the rny didn't work for you.  Only you can honestly answer the question if you are really ready for this surgery or not.  Please don't take this the wrong way, I am not trying to be mean, I am concerned.  It does suck to start opti and then have to stop.  But you are so damn close now, and I believe you can do it.  But you have to want to do it.  And you have to do it for yourself.  If you are not ready, step back a bit.  If you are, then pull yourself up, shake yourself off, and keep your focus on the end result. 

You are worth it.  I truly wish you the best of luck.  I think very highly of Karen M...and she is in your corner, as are many of us!

Vicky

• Referral:  Feb 2013/ Guelph  
  • RNY May 20th 2014 (Dr. Bhojani)                                                                         
  • 2nd RNY (revision due to marginal ulcers) Aug. 10th 2015 ( Dr. Bhojani)  
  • Revision to VSG (marginal ulcers): March 22nd 2016 (Hamilton, Dr. Hong)
  • Total Gastrectomy:  Dec. 15th 2016 (Hamilton, Dr. Hong)

Most Active
Recent Topics