What are you eating/doing today (Monday)

new_me180
on 7/20/15 9:43 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Afternoon all. Happy vacations to Karen and Zizz, enjoy. Enjoy your day Tanya, Pat, CC and Barb. Not much planned to day, just a few errands and house cleaning and laundry. 

Help me stay strong people. Yesterday it took all i had not to buy candy when i went to the store. It was like a drug calling my name and i mean EVERYTHING. Oh lord maintenance is hard. I never had it this bad before. It's like after being sick so often after surgery and now being better, i'm enjoying food good or bad. Ay caramba.

20  months post op

B - coffee, water

L - turkey sausage, salad, tzatziki 

S - summer sausage slice, 2 turkey slices, jello

D - grilled pork chop

S - pumpkin pancake, tbsp sugar free lemon curd

Have a great day all and enjoy the weather, Nia

Karen M.
on 7/20/15 10:09 am - Mississauga, Canada

Nia, I think you're pretty right on with a possible reason for this - you were unwell for a long time and not able to eat as a typical post-op would, progressing through the stages, learning what works/doesn't work, etc.  You've also recently had some upheaval in your life (going to work, signing up for school) so it stands to reason (to me anyway) that you're going to have to white knuckle it a bit as you set new routines/eating habits. 

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

new_me180
on 7/20/15 12:04 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Thank you and you're spot on and finding things that works and what doesn't work. I think i'm slowly learning and today is a bit better. If i don't eat it, i don't crave it. Hopefully by the end of the week it will be back to "normal" and for work the meal times are kind of the same times as i'd eat at home so, that routine is not to out of the box.

Zizzler
on 7/20/15 12:46 pm

Hey Nia, your menu looks really good, especially the sf lemon curd, oh yum!  I am the same way re cravings - if I eat something junky I will crave it again and again until I cut it out and pass the "withdrawal".  To me food is s drug, and surgery helps but does not eliminate that feeling altogether.  I find too that my cravings are associated with hormonal changes so I try to stay aware of those so I know what to expect and plan as much as possible.  I would say that 98% of the time I eat what I post on this boars or something nutritionally very similar.  The other day I had a craving so bad for dq dipped cone so I bought one and it was really good although I did not feel that great after eating it.  I never thought about dq for 10 months after surgery, not tempted at all.  Now it is calling my name, and I feel really dumb for having given in to that temptation.  But, it is what it is and all you can do is get back on that horse and never ever ever give up.  You can do this Nia, just don't give up on yourself!

new_me180
on 7/20/15 2:34 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Thanks Zizz, it's nice to know what i'm going through is normal  and not alone. I just took me as a surprise that for a good 18 month's i was not tempted by anything even sweets which were/are my favourites. I'd pass a cake or cookie without giving it a second though now, it's better not have them around. Funny thing is though, i'd never go out and buy the junk food for myself but, if someone brings it into the house, it's free game. 

Today so far has been a bit better and i've done liquids all day as my tummy has been unsettled since i put the post up. Onward and upward and it gets better from here on out. I won't give up after coming this far and what i went through.

Zizzler
on 7/20/15 3:39 pm

Hope you feel better and I am sure most people can relate to the cravings that come after indulging in an addictive food.  I am the same way, if it is in front of me or in the house I will eat it, so I keep the junk out so at least at home I am "safe".  When I leave the house it gets trickier but I try to always have a healthy tasty snack with me in my bag.

Most Active
Recent Topics