Shopping trip to Costco -

This G.
on 7/31/15 5:43 am - Canada

I just don't understand why they cannot have a bacon flavored opti. haha. That would actually be super gross. :)

Surgeon: Dr Hagen. Start Opti Aug 18th. Surgery Sept 1st 2015

jennyboo202
on 7/31/15 7:05 am - Canada
RNY on 08/14/15

I feel your pain.  Opti hasn't bothered me that much at all, except for last night when my fiance ordered pizza.  It has never smelled so good.  I had to leave the room.

Maybe Wal-Mart would be a good place to get the chewable vitamins?  Please let me know which ones you settled on.  I'm 10 days behind you for surgery, so it's time for me to go shopping too. 

Ref. Apr 30/14, Orientation HRRH Aug 25/14, Transfer to TWH Oct 21/14, Sleep Study Nov 20/14, SW Nov 28/14, Nut. Class Dec 8/14, NP Dec 15/14, Psych. Jan 13/15, Nut. Jan 15/15, CPAP Titra Jan 16/15, NP F/U Jan 19/15, NP F/U2 Feb 24/15, NP F/U3 Mar 24/15, Surgeon May 29/15, Opti July 25/15, Pre-Op July 30/15, Surgery Aug 14/15

Helna_Handbasket
on 7/31/15 1:16 pm - OWEN SOUND, Canada

Pizza!  That's cruel. lol.  Yeah I'd have had to leave the room too.  I went with VitaVim chewable berry flavour.  I read through my info again and it says in there not to worry about the iron levels in the chewable/liquid till we're out of that stage and into whole pill stage - then the search will be back on for a 18mg Iron content vitamin. 

I've got a corner of my kitchen all set with my liquid stage foods and shakes in the fridge.  Just have to pack my stuff for the hospital! 

The next 10 days will go quick - just remember to drink as much fluids as you can.  Almost there!

Karen M.
on 7/31/15 3:14 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Have you considered a prenatal vitamin? Many people take those post-op due to the iron content. 

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

RYMEBE73
on 8/4/15 7:24 am - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 06/30/15

To second Karen's reply...my surgeon has me on a prenatal and as far as I know, for life...I also take Vitamin D and Vitamin B12 and I only got the go ahead to start my vitamins on my followup with the nurse and dietician after surgery??  Guess each centre is different...

Moving on doesn't mean you forget about things.  It just means you have to accept what happened and continue LIVING  

Most Active
Recent Topics