I haven't exercised... but I need to. 11 months out.

catwoman7
on 9/25/18 4:58 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I was cleared to do pretty much any exercise other than weights at around four weeks out. At eight weeks out, I could start weights. So you should be able to do anything at 11 months out. Just find some things you like and ease into them....

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Stitch83
on 9/26/18 8:28 am
RNY on 02/26/18

I don't have much to say on excercise as I'm still building myself up in that area but honestly the easiest thing is to start with walking. Just getting moving is important, it doesn't have to be intense, the added movement will increase your confidence and help weight loss wise.

I wanted to comment though on the old habits. It's something I struggled with for about a month and was really damaging to my weight loss progress. I started letting little things in, things I knew I shouldn't eat and the problem is that even though it was something small here or there it opened the crack wider and wider to bad choices. It became a battle in my head regularly justifying why I could have this or that when I knew I should stick with better choices. I would think well that's okay I just won't lose any weight today and tomorrow I'll get back on track and be hard core. But that would lead to further temptation and two days later I'd be battling the want for junk again and would give in. I met with my counsellor to say what the heck is going on where is my strong will power from the first five months!! Why can't I say no to my intense cravings and why am I obsessing over having things I know I shouldn't?

Bottom line is I started falling in to a trap of well, I've done so well up until now, look at me, I can afford to let some things in. But the problem with disordered eating thoughts is that they will take hold powerfully if I give a little. I realized it's not about whether I'll lose weight today, it's about the fact that every little crack will become bigger and bigger until I'm back to consistently eating the way I did before. Even if it's smaller portions if I am eating junk I'm eventually going to gain the weight back. The thought of not losing more weight today was not enough motivation to stop but the thought of being back there where I was has helped to stop me in my tracks. I CANT go back there and have to do everything in my power to not, whi*****ludes not letting those foods in. I decided to put a picture of the old me, that I really detest, in my wallet, on the fridge etc so I can have a visual sting of why I don't want that chip or candy to pass my lips. I know it's cliche but... "skinny" really does taste better than most of the things I was letting in.

I know this is a long rant and you were probably more focussed on excercise but wanted to share my experience because in the end the eating is what will get you back to square one every time...like they say you can't out-train a bad diet.

Good luck in this struggle...it's a battle!

HW: 285 SW: 260 CW: 134 Dr. Grantcharov, St. Michael's

Referral: May 2017 Orientation: June 5/17 Nurse: Aug. 17/17 Doctor/Dietician/SW finished by Dec. 11/17 Surgical Ed. Class: Dec. 18/17 Surgeon: Jan. 9/18 Surgery: February 26, 2018!!

Lucile777
on 9/26/18 7:56 pm

I appreciate the long detailed response. I think I made it about exercise, but in reality I know that I am battling my demons. I CANNOT go back there either. I am an expert at sabotaging myself and my efforts and I have to learn that I am worth it. I am worth getting my head back in the game. Tomorrow is the day. Scratch that. Now is the moment. I"m done. Food sucks anyway. Not like it tastes as good as it used to. Skinny definitely tastes better. Moving around and going up stairs looks better. Having my husband hold me close to him and not have my belly in the way separating us tastes better too. Love all of you. God bless xoxoxo

Most Active
Recent Topics