Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 4/25/16 5:30 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

thanks - glad to hear you did so well

Sharon

Mell
on 4/25/16 11:16 am

I had MAJOR junk in the trunk after my Fleur TT! Like all my swelling went down there.  I took about 3 months to go away! I was so depressed! But it will get better.  But as the others have said it takes about a year before it all settles. 

Good luck!

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

Lemily
on 4/25/16 12:06 pm
VSG on 01/16/14

Its so bad LOL. When I originally went for consult my dr was like im not touching your legs or thighs (and to be honest I never had an issue with them in my heavier days). My inner thighs are so jiggly right now and that lady part is crazy. Im just going to have to work on my patience. I thought the benefit of a tummy tuck and muscle tightening was to never have to do a sit up AGAIN LOL.

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/16 4:19 am

For someone who had undergone with tummy tuck it is quite normal to have the tummy swollen and bruised which will be visible for a few weeks.  However, to be able to see the final result depends on individual procedure so it may actually differ to you and to other individual. It can take just 6 months to a person while it may take a year after for others.  So never forget to have consultation with your surgeon as only the doctor can ideally give you the right assessment. 

Lemily
on 4/26/16 6:21 am
VSG on 01/16/14

Thanks for your response. I see my doctor every few weeks for a check in. Bruising all went down within the first two weeks. I am 3 1/2 months out and it appears that I am still swollen, understanding everything is different for everything. Just looking to see what others have experienced.

Tracy D.
on 6/21/16 11:08 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

1. I had a LBL last July and I can attest that there are days I still get swelling - yup! The best thing I did was take a bromelain/tumeric supplement that really helped - the days I missed it I could tell I didn't take it.  

2.  The inflammation, swelling and excess fluid is a reality after major surgery.  It will take weeks, maybe even 2-3 months, before the scale goes back down. 

3.  I used scar tape once I had the go-ahead from my doctor.  The lady who does my bikini wax says it'(dark but flatter) but it continues to get better.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Lemily
on 6/24/16 6:33 am
VSG on 01/16/14

Thanks for sharing what you are going through. I am almost 6 months out now. the scare is definitely getting flatter and lighter. I'm just waiting for the belly button to fade a little more before I dare a two piece ;).

Im just upset as I am up about 10 pounds from my bottom (pre-plastics after VSG), but that bottom at 157 was at the very end of my weight loss. I started working out again to run in a 5K, need something to motivate me, and I lost some motivation and focus for awhile. I cant blame all those 10 pounds on the surgery (or the implants LOL). Just want to get back down. What gets discouraging again is the scale and the swelling. Right above my cut point, I swell every day and it looks like I have love handles again. I am going back to plastic surgeon again on july 11th. He may do a little more lipo he said, we shall see.

I had this whole picture of how I was going to look post-surgery. And im probably OK, but I guess in my mind I will never be perfect. The woes, maybe time for therapy.

Most Active