Shaving? Makeup??

losnj
on 10/22/05 9:50 am - Norfolk, VA
Hi there Both my sister and I have PCOS. We use different methods. Instead of shaving, I wax every two weeks. When I would shave the strands would get courser and grow back faster! It's strange but after waxing consistently, it started to back off a little. It grows back slowly and hairs are lighter. Make up - I usually go all natural except on special occasions. PCOS
MissyB
on 10/26/05 8:28 pm - Jeannette, PA
Hey Ali, I as well shave daily. Have very fair and sensitive skin. I will share with you what my daily routine is. Fist off, I make sure to keep ho****er either with a rag or in shower on face on neck first, making sure pores are open and skin is hydrated before shaving. I then apply shaving gel on area. I use the shick quatro, thats the 4 blade razor-for men, not the ladies brand. I have found that i get the closest and best re****s with the male brand. Less bumps with it as well, just have to be very careful for it is extremely sharp. After shaving I immediately apply pure coco butter to the area. I then wait atleast a half hour before begining to apply make-up. I first use my concealer stick on any reddened areas or bumps. I do not rub all the way in after using. Just alittle bit. I then use a Revlon foundation- Age Defying with Botafirm for dry skin. My final process after that is to PAT not rub in Covergirl "TRUE-BLEND" pressed powder. I usually re apply powder to area of neck and face every couple of hours. Really does help to not only limit the amount of razor bumps and reddness, but I am able to camoflage very well with these steps and the products I use, no one would ever know that I wake up every morning with a full beard, lol... Thankfully I was able to pick up on alot of "tricks" of the trade in my years past. I used to be a plus size model, so trust me when i say No one u see in the magazines or adds has "perfect" skin, lol. Especially when it comes to the skin on the face and neck. We all have slight skin discolorations, blemishes, freckles, whatever. Thats why make up was invented! Now yes these steps take time. But trust me when I tell you I feel so much more confident in public when I know I dont have to worry about someone picking up on the fact that I shave everyday, lol. Hope this helps you sweetie Missy 317/250/G.W.150!! 9 weeks post op!! -67 lbs and counting!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1058 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 3011 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3618 views