Formula issues - please help!

Pam M.
on 5/18/09 1:01 pm, edited 5/18/09 1:02 pm - Western, MA
Sammy has colic too, but the simethecone drops are working for him.  Before you give up on it I just wanted to say it took some time for it to "show" an effect.   I put it in every single bottle.  It was probably several days before I saw a difference and a week before I was sure it helped.  Missing a dose or two and seeing him backslide into pain was the final "proof" I needed.  Just wanted to make that suggestion. 

When Frankie had it 6 years ago I know for sure I didn't give it much of a try before I gave up.  One of the things the ped. did back then was give us an RX for liquid acid reflux medication.  That didn't help him either but I didn't see you mention it as an option so you may want to ask the doctor about that.

But from one understanding mother to another, BIG HUGS.  I know it sucks seeing your kid in pain.  Many many many hours it was the single thought that I couldn't bear the idea of him being in pain alone that kept me rocking and soothing him when I thought I had nothing left to give.  Even now Sammy still has some bouts of it and its amazing how he goes from writhing in pain to happy baby (or blissful sleep).  Thankfully they forget the pain quickly.  Here's hoping for more smiles and blissful sleep for you and your darling.

I am not alone, neither are you. 

triciam
on 5/19/09 9:17 pm - riverside, CA
so sorry... ugh ....OK my son was on the similac sensitive and that crap is awful..so foamy he had horrible gas on it..also did the RS one it was horrible as well. hate similac products.
so the g/s worked well for us. but now he is on enfamil gentlease.working great.. hope this helps. hugs
Tricia
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1240 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 862 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1323 views