Sleeve to RNY

bublegirl1
on 11/9/14 11:51 pm
RNY on 11/10/14

Good for you for taking the first step! I hope you feel better and are able to get it done soon. 

-Amie

Leisa B.
on 11/12/14 1:27 pm - Australia

Hi,

How are you feeling?

bublegirl1
on 11/12/14 3:01 pm
RNY on 11/10/14

Hi there. Doing pretty good. Just got home this afternoon. Trying to sip and walk. Still have sharp has pains but trying to move as much as I can. Thank you for asking. :)

-Amie

SlynnD
on 9/12/14 8:31 pm - Pasadena, CA

Had the sleeve to RNY revision on 9/9/14 and what a learning curve it has been. I thought I knew how to sip but I guess not since I keep getting foamies and bubbles in my esophagus. I'm down 8lbs with no presurgery diet.

You will do well.

bublegirl1
on 9/14/14 1:39 am
RNY on 11/10/14

Thank you for replying! Sounds like you are doing well and that's great! Keep me updated on how you're doing :)

-Amie

Whit
on 9/12/14 11:14 pm
Revision on 12/10/12

What are you going to do when the malabsorption is no longer a factor. I had RNY in 2002 lost 100 pounds then gained it back after 6 years of maintaining. I was obese my whole life and my body went back to what it knew best. I revised to DS in 2012 and now weight 120 and wear a size 4. Yesterday it takes a lot of upkeep but RNY does too. I wish you luck and success with your choice. 

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Whit
on 9/12/14 11:15 pm
Revision on 12/10/12

Yes not yesterday!

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

bublegirl1
on 9/13/14 12:13 am
RNY on 11/10/14

Yes I think about that a lot. There is upkeep with RNY but not quite as much as the DS. I will have to work hard to maintain but I think it's possible. I just have to try. Thanks for your reply! 

-Amie

Junker
on 9/13/14 10:30 am

I'm in a similar boat, though I've regained since pregnancy. The doctor that did my sleeve recommended the rny and is not a fan of doing th ds with my lower bmi (27.5). 

Many have suggested ste di do the ds and also have the surgeon address my stretched sleeve as well. 

I already deal deal with some dumping - especially from fatty foods. 

I too too am worried about getting too thin (as if) and losing my hair again, malnutrition, etc. 

Tough decisions.  Good luck. 

bublegirl1
on 9/14/14 1:48 am
RNY on 11/10/14

Thank for replying! Yes I also have dumping still with just my sleeve. If I eat too much sugar I get it. Or like you said if I eat too much greasy stuff. It's a very hard decision to make. I just want a chance to get to goal and work to stay there. I just don't think I can do the DS. My surgeon doesn't do it anyways but I was in touch with Dr. Keshishians office.  But it's just so much upkeep and I don't know I can afford all the supplements. My surgeon said I can take NSAIDs once in a while and I would be ok as long as it's not all the time. I worry because my mom has RA and I have tested positive years ago but have not had anything happen yet as far as a flare up. So anyway I hope I make the right decision. Good luck to you and keep in touch!!

-Amie

Most Active
Recent Topics